MMOMinion

Full Version: Avoid AOE and hitbox position broken.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
For each update that is released, so it's something that stops working as it should. We appreciate new features are releases, but the beta testing and documentation how to use it must become "incredibly" much better than what it is now (have no clue whats going on and causing all errors lately).

The latest problem concerns the setting of "avoid the AOE" and the "hit box position".

1. The function to "avoid the AOE" is always active every time you start up mmo, or change a skill profile, even if we choose to turn off the feature as a preference, it goes back on.

2. With AOE turned "off", the character is still moving around the hitbox like a fool and it looks to be nothing but a "bot". It started today. There is no particular strategy behind the movement and it moves on each skill it use. Other players around me in fate (Monks, Ninja and Dragoon and so on) have trouble positioning itself behind or flank the mob that i try to tank in grind mode, due to the tank moves like a maniac at each new skill that it casts, without any logic. looks extremely "botish" and mechanic. This will get people reported.

3. There have been lots of new features, but very poor update documentation, information and tutorial how to use it. This must become better. Please create a better beta test section or community. Provide information what went into an update, whats is currently being beta tested, where we can find some information how to setup or use the new functionlty that may or may not brake things. This is getting totally untenable.

4. With the mmo set to "auto update" feels like being a beta tester rather then getting stable update versions. This year and particular under Mars/April we are getting a lot of issue with it. Please give us the opportunity to both download and return to the previous versions that we know worked if a new update is causing problems (backward compatibility.) Or we have to turn of the auto update to avoid constant new errors without any information whats going on really.

Again, love the speed of new releases and features, but to little validation and documentation. Things break way more than it should. The Auto update should push out stable releases and not beta testing.
hmm i havented noticed this at all with Avoid AOE. Ill do so more testing in qeust mode it seems to be fine. Ill test in grind mode
(04-15-2015, 02:57 AM)Cichard Wrote: [ -> ]hmm i havented noticed this at all with Avoid AOE. Ill do so more testing in qeust mode it seems to be fine. Ill test in grind mode

I play FATE's right now, as we speak, with a paladin tank in grind mode. It is so horribly bad that I'm considering turning off the bot completely so I do not get reported.

And if I am forced to shut down the bot until it is corrected I do not know what I'm paying for. These updates have gone too far now and I am angry and disappointed with the constant problems that are relentless.

I've been playing since last summer. I have a brand new OS (Windows 8) with absolute minimal number of applications available. This is a mmo problems to 100%, like most of the problems we have had this year with all new releases that are released without being properly tested.

Give us the option to revert the updates to a know stable version. I don't want to become a beta tester just for having the "auto update" active in mmo application.

And Yes, I'm angry and upset now. Just to much problem for a long period of time.
I will provide you an option for the random movement feature, but it has nothing to do with the avoid AOE. It'll be fixed in the next update, or you can temporarily use this https://www.dropbox.com/s/ez705xxdqfhv2z...s.lua?dl=0 as a replacement file under LuaMods\ffxivminion\ffxiv_common_tasks.lua.

Until the community responds better to beta tests, it will continue to be as it is. I've tried in the past to run betas for various features, and nobody participates, so it is what it is.

Further: I don't always personally respond to support topics, but I've done so for a few of yours because you seemed level-headed. To make matters worse, this is the first one I can think of that is a problem actually caused by us, and not a misconfiguration or misuse or misinterpretation on your part. If you want to lash out and start bashing the software because you're having a bad night, that's up to you, but it won't earn you any points towards fast support in the future, that I can promise you.
(04-15-2015, 03:21 AM)Ace Wrote: [ -> ]I will provide you an option for the random movement feature, but it has nothing to do with the avoid AOE.

Until the community responds better to beta tests, it will continue to be as it is. I've tried in the past to run betas for various features, and nobody participates, so it is what it is.

Ace you are doing a good job, let me just say that. But all these problems pisses me off, I'm usually a very calm person.

If you want help beta test things, we must offer the possibility to go back to the previous version. Otherwise, in any case I turn off the Auto Update feature to avoid more problems.

However, if you can offer the ability to roll back an update, then the possibility better for those who have been stricken with lots of problems to continue using mmo without sitting on the support forums several times a week to error reporting bugs. An "auto update" feature should never be for beta releases, but if you want to go this route, make sure that a user can back update if it causes problems.
(04-15-2015, 03:28 AM)bizzmo Wrote: [ -> ]
(04-15-2015, 03:21 AM)Ace Wrote: [ -> ]I will provide you an option for the random movement feature, but it has nothing to do with the avoid AOE.

Ace you are doing a good job, let me just say that. But all these problems pisses me off, I'm usually a very calm person.

If you want help beta test things, we must offer the possibility to go back to the previous version. Otherwise, in any case I turn off the Auto Update feature to avoid more problems.

However, if you can offer the ability to roll back an update, then the possibility better for those who have been stricken with lots of problems to continue using mmo without sitting on the support forums several times a week to error reporting bugs. An "auto update" feature should never be for beta releases, but if you want to go this route, make sure that a user can back update if it causes problems.

for the longest time we had a beta launcher totaly seperate from live, but no one would use it to test stuff out. So now it is the way it is. and i agree wtih Ace 99% of the time its user error, or missunderstanding of how the feature is intended to work.
(04-15-2015, 03:57 AM)Cichard Wrote: [ -> ]for the longest time we had a beta launcher totaly seperate from live, but no one would use it to test stuff out. So now it is the way it is. and i agree wtih Ace 99% of the time its user error, or missunderstanding of how the feature is intended to work.

I think it's very irresponsible. I don't want to risk my account to get banned, just someone wants us to test the untested beta functions. If I had I gone AFK this time, I might had certainly been reported now.

As soon as there is a reasonably stable build again, I will turn off the "auto update" feature and avoid being exposed as a beta tester. I do not accept (my personal choice) to be a paying customer and act as a beta tester and record the bugs every day here on the support forum.

I highly recommend NOT to expose other people's accounts for this. If they are not aware of the updates that are sneaked in without proper testing, you risk getting rid of their accounts with a ban.

Therefore, I think you are irresponsible supporting this idea of treating everyone as a beta tester using the auto update function to push it out.

Alternatively:

Create a Forum section, and a process that can handle new features, versions, instructions about this, beta tests that appeals more to want to try it out before it is pushed out to everyone.

It is the only right way to go. The stability of the MMO has never been as bad as now.
Since we are reporting issues here, I have noticed that switching modes (like from dps to crafter and back) will turn ON the skip dialogue hack (even though it stays uncheked) You have to open the hacks section, and toggle it back off to work normally until you switch roles again.. Usually not an issue, but makes you miss some important dialogues every now and then.
(04-15-2015, 03:21 AM)Ace Wrote: [ -> ]I will provide you an option for the random movement feature, but it has nothing to do with the avoid AOE. It'll be fixed in the next update, or you can temporarily use this https://www.dropbox.com/s/ez705xxdqfhv2z...s.lua?dl=0 as a replacement file under LuaMods\ffxivminion\ffxiv_common_tasks.lua.

Further: I don't always personally respond to support topics, but I've done so for a few of yours because you seemed level-headed. To make matters worse, this is the first one I can think of that is a problem actually caused by us, and not a misconfiguration or misuse or misinterpretation on your part. If you want to lash out and start bashing the software because you're having a bad night, that's up to you, but it won't earn you any points towards fast support in the future, that I can promise you.

Thanks Ace, that is working to fix the issue.
(04-15-2015, 03:21 AM)Ace Wrote: [ -> ]I will provide you an option for the random movement feature, but it has nothing to do with the avoid AOE. It'll be fixed in the next update, or you can temporarily use this https://www.dropbox.com/s/ez705xxdqfhv2z...s.lua?dl=0 as a replacement file under LuaMods\ffxivminion\ffxiv_common_tasks.lua.

Test results of the LUA file provided:

1. The crazy movement is stopped, but it still looks bad. For every mob that attacked, it sets itself exactly in the center of the mob. It forces mob to move back a bit so we are facing front, which is more natural position. Problems remain to avoid centralizes position to the exact center and looks very mechanical in fates. Keep in mind that there are players around watching a tank or heal it. It does not look very natural, more like a bot that is less well calibrated trying to center itself in a mob.
  2. The problem "avoiding AOE" tick box and activation is still not resolved. Every time MMO is started or when switching between the Grind <-> Assist mode, it force activate the function whether you have deactivated this before. It does not remember previous selection. I think someone reported similar issue with "skip dialogue" setting two post above here too.

Please re-connect when you think the problems are solved so we can test it again. For the time being I had a copy of the MMO from the previous version that allows me to play normally. I have disabled the auto-update feature for now.
Pages: 1 2