MMOMinion

Full Version: Target randomization in fates
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I searched the forums for similar threads on this and didn't find anything—if I missed it please just direct me to the right place:

So while running Fates, Minion has a particular targeting pattern, right? From what I've seen so far it is very effective and makes for quick leveling. This isn't an issue until there is some other person running minion in that zone for Fates too, whence it becomes blatantly obvious that you're both botting. This is due to the fact that, even if you both start at two different places/times, the bots will eventually target the same mob, kill it, and then both continue the same targeting/attack pattern in unison until the fate comes to an end.

I've tried different settings, such as "randomize pathing" and "randomize movements", and while I'm still fairly ignorant to most of the mechanics of this wonderful bot (veteran with two days of use Superman ), neither seem to remedy the synchronization that I'm seeing.
  • "Randomize Pathing" is doing a wonderful job of differentiating myself from other Minions (as well as "min/max randomized timer delay") after the fate is over.

• "Randomize Movement" doesn't seem to be doing much as far as adding movement to the fights.
Again, neither are changing the visually perfect timing with the switching of and of attacking monsters while running the bot.

I think at this point I've tried all the obvious visible settings and decided its time to ask the experts if there is something I'm overlooking, perhaps a more complex setting? Or is what I'm seeking simply not supported? Lastly, if it is not supported, are there plans of adding something like this that could detect if you and another person are repeatedly attacking/targeting the same trash fate mobs and could de-synchronize or slightly randomize minion's targeting pattern?

Or if there's any other way to make it look less bot-ish in this regard, I definitely appreciate the insight.

P.S. I also tried setting "attack claimed : off" to no avail (an attempt to slightly remedy the bot-ish-ness)—it only worked if the other bot tagged the mob first, which accounted for less than 30% of the time. This also caused lots of redirection which may have made it look even worse. It also led to a lot more bronze/silver fate rewards.
the bot basically attacks the closest mob that meets the current criteria. so in fates you will see this happen alot when mobs spawns everyone hits the same mob. basically though this happens alot when playing by hand. people spamming tab or auto target on attack so the first mob to spawn everyone targets. I honestly think you are overthinking it.(especially in fates) Randomize movements is a setting for melee characters to move around the target slightly randomly.
When there are ten target options for attack, and two or more people are choosing the same option, at the same time, for the entire fate? Sorry, but I disagree. Especially on servers with low population where there are less than a dozen total people running fates in a zone, and two of them are running Minion. I will work on compiling some screencaps of said scenario to show how obvious it is.
If you come up with a better method, then you should test it out in lua, it's open source.
You will find that you will have a hard time finding a one-size fits all algorithm that doesn't make you look like a terrible player or an overly-awesome bot.
its obvious to you because you know what to look for, to outsiders its people just attacking the closest target. sorry bro but fate grinding has been in this bot since launch and i use it every day and have been totally safe. again you are over thinking it bud.