MMOMinion

Full Version: ARM / WVR Desynthing Powerleveling Quest ( Purchases 1-170 )
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Exercises in Futility

I levelled some desynthing recently for the patch.  I put together something really quick as Sellout was doing its thing.  You should be able to use this to quickly raise your ARM desynth from 1-170 in under an hour.   The itemization choices prioritize a combination of speed / simplicity / cost (in that order).  Depending on your server markets the resale value of mats should mitigate a large part of the costs.  If I'm really bored I might extend the profile to contain options for all desynth

This Is intended for use with ACE's Sellout addon.

What does the profile do?
  • This quest profile will send you to a shop and purchase desynthing materials in quantities of 40 (through the power of magic the bot can actually purchase X amount of an item at a time ie. items that you cant select 1-99).
  • Profile Ends once the purchase is made.  This allows Sellout to crank out the desynthing automatically after purchasing.
  • Once the desynthing ends, you have to hit start again.  and or change the quest option.
  • Thats it. real simple.  
What do you need to do?
  • Create your own "Shell" quest.  Basically replace the quest ID in the profile with any quest that you havent done any progress on (pick up a new quest and take its ID).  I used brewer's beacon, because thats never getting completed...
  • Copy the "Rusty Desynth" section of my desynthing junklist into yours
  • Sellout Desynth options - enable / desynth always / use list (Rusty Desynth) 
  • Buy some tinkers calm + bacon broth for HW items to mitigate cost (optional but worthwhile)
  • have 3-4mil ish in gil?
Code:
local obj1 = {
    ["names"] = {
    };
    ["quests"] = {
        [1430] = {
            ["level"] = 1;
            ["name"] = "The Beast of Brewer's Beacon";
            ["prereq"] = false;
            ["steps"] = {
                [1] = {

[Image: D33xTsp.png]

Ps Only select one quest option at a time
also thanks to Latty for showing me how to use quest options

Download!

Updated.  uses a dropdown menu

Updated again.  WVR / ARM options in the drop down menu.
Doesn't work bro. Regardless of how many Shell quests I try to do, it just up and runs off to grind. Any Ideas? :(
I derp'd

Redownload it. sorry for that dirin
Still running off to grind. :(
It should work.

Make sure you have an option selected? start a new quest and use that ID?
Worked great for me yesterday.
No matter what I choose, the bot sends me to Rianne in Ul'dah.

Guess that's because I had already done that one.

Latty which quest did you choose? I tried several lv1, some that were just sitting unstarted in my log, and some new ones in the 50s.
(03-01-2016, 05:36 AM)dingo402 Wrote: [ -> ]No matter what I choose, the bot sends me to Rianne in Ul'dah.

Guess that's because I had already done that one.

Latty which quest did you choose?  I tried several lv1, some that were just sitting unstarted in my log, and some new ones in the 50s.

I don't remember which quest I used.  It was a random low level.   Have to find a quest that doesn't have just 2 objectives.  

[1430] = {
            ["level"] = 1;
            ["name"] = "The Beast of Brewer's Beacon";
            ["prereq"] = false;

You need to change the 1430 to the id of the quest you want to use.  You can find all the ID's for the quests in your log inside dev module > questinfo.

If you look through his profile, you'll see all the quest steps use

["index"] = 1

This is very important, and the quest you use needs to be on objectiveindex 1.  You can find this in questinfo as well.

Basically, if you pick up a new quest and the quest icon isn't green after you pick it up, it's on index 1, but check dev to be sure.
hey guys, what is the advantage of leveling the ARM or WVR Desynthesis?
i think its more the fact that its all done for you.
Pages: 1 2