MMOMinion

Full Version: [Web] Simple macro to profile (Crafting)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Hi all,

I built this small one-page-app mostly for myself to generate macro based profiles *for crafting only* it basically translates each action line in to step 1-n. I'm @Nazarin on DC feel free to DM (I have a job with lots of travel so I may show online, but that may just be my home rig), if you have any questions.

What I usually do is:
  • Create your rotation at https://ermad.github.io/ffxiv-craft-opt-web/app/ (or elsewhere) and get the macro
  • Copy the/paste the Macro results in to my web app
  • Pick a filename
  • Click download
  • Put lua file in the skill profile folder (C:\MINIONAPP\Bots\FFXIVMinion64\LuaMods\ffxivminion\SkillManagerProfiles)
  • Reload Lua if the bot is running
  • Set up your crafting profile and select the skill profile you downloaded

The important thing to note is that *this really isn't meant to be smart* it just recreates your macro step by step. It doesn't try to bait anything and it won't recover from certain steps failing; it'll just continue marching on. I found it useful for grinding as this is pretty much the automated process of what I was doing back then (same steps but then manually create the skill profile).

I bet there's some browsers where the download doesn't work as it leverages the HTML5 download method. And this thing was put together quickly. If there are any major bugs that folks find I'm happy to look in to them as I have time. I don't have any KR/FR/DE accounts so I really haven't tested this with those languages (it should work I guess?)

TO SUBMIT BUGS/ERRORS:

If a profile isn't being generated properly (ids are null, or the skill ids don't match up) PLEASE paste the macro lines with your post, or send them to me through a direct message. I would be happy to solve any issues that any of you experience using this, but I can't if I can't recreate your problem and debug things. If a skill ID doesn't match up, tell me what skill id you were expecting.

Update 04/11/2017
Recent updates made, besides from the updates it all works the same:
  • Updated profile generation to match the new crafting (thanks Ace for the hard work on this, it's now much easier to create these "dumb" profiles)
  • Added the ability to name the file before downloading
Update 04/16/2017
  • Improved cross-browser functionality (if it didn't work for you before: it should now)
  • Simplified interface and rudimentary error handling :)
Update 06/23/2017
  • Added Support for the new Storm Blood skills
Update 07/20/2017
  • Extension now set to lua if none or a different extension is given
TL;DR Not a replacement for smarter crafting profiles: this simply converts macro steps to skill profile steps. No warranties/guarantees, report bugs here if you find them. App can be found at: http://midnightsushi.net/apps/mtp/
nice ty for it
TY BRO I WILL TRY IT

EDIT: I suck in making crafting profiles but this works like a charm u helped me so much
(09-13-2016, 06:00 AM)ogogo Wrote: [ -> ]TY BRO I WILL TRY IT

EDIT: I suck in making crafting profiles but this works like a charm u helped me so much

No worries, I'm glad it helped without a ton of bugs or something :)

I'd still recommend existing profiles that the smart people made over this when you get the pre-req cross-class skills.
just tried this out on some of my 2,3 and 4 star routines , works mint , nice work
thanks! works fine.

Would be nice, if we could add a .lua name for before downloading, otherwise we have to rename the default one everytime.

Happy
(03-21-2017, 04:34 PM)Leon Wrote: [ -> ]thanks! works fine.

Would be nice, if we could add a .lua name for before downloading, otherwise we have to rename the default one everytime.

Happy
Thanks for the feedback, I'll actually see if I can get this done in a bit. I'm still waiting for the 64-bit crafting stuff to come: I wonder if it'll change anything (based on the other skill profiles: probably not?), but I may do some larger work on this then.

I'm glad I didn't write this for an audience of 1 :)
I'm looking in to updating this to use Ace's updated craft skill manager, which greatly simplifies generating these things.

I'll also add the script file naming bit :)
Happy  thanks! Looking forward.
Great tool! Thanks for the work done. Looking forward to the changes you're making.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7