MMOMinion

Full Version: [x64 Module] Companion Stance Dancer [Updated: 24.12.2017]
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
What module does NOT do and no plans for it:
  • Doesn't summon your companion
  • Doesn't control or buy Gysahl Greens
What module do:
  • Monitor your %HP and switch companion stance between Healing and "Default"(Attacker or Free stance)
  • I've tested it on DE/FR/JP/EN clents for couple of days while using melee/caster classes - seems pretty stable.
[Image: CSD.png]

How to install:
Download attached archive and extract files from it to the LuaMods directory of your bot.
Example for MMOMinion installed on C:\ :
C:\MINIONAPP\Bots\FFXIVMinion64\LuaMods
C:\MINIONAPP\Bots\FFXIVMinion64\LuaMods\Companion Stance Dancer
C:\MINIONAPP\Bots\FFXIVMinion64\LuaMods\Companion Stance Dancer\CSD.lua (and all other files such as module.def...)

Important:
You need to have option "Own Battle System Messages" turned On for any of yours chat tabs. (if bot switch stance constantly - this is your problem)
Thanks to lanceangel for finding it out.

Why I've done it:
Free stance healling is bad at critical moment. At least for me it was this way. Because of it I had to use Healing Stance all the time while grinding. It was such a waste of dps from companion.

How it's work:
After it sends command to change stance - bot monitors chat for new message about changed stance appear.
It will be funny if there is some other way to check what current stance is.
I should have thanked you already, since i use your hunt addon all the time but its never too late!

Thank you Anahronik for both this and the Hunt addon! ThumbsUp ThumbsUp
Thanks for this.
Nice! Thx!  ThumbsUp
crafting with companion out spams errors
EDIT: below info is the cause (bot spamming free stance button constantly)

[attachment=5928]

when not in combat and just standing around, he does a weird head turning thing every 1 second.
EDIT: figured out what causes this. the add-on is constantly spamming the free stance button when in default mode. ^^ it seems the add-on is checking hp 150 times a second. is this correct? is there a way to do the hp checks, and only change companion mode when hp level requires and not try to change every millisecond?
(it's possible this could be resetting companion skills. might be important to fix)
(12-22-2017, 11:34 PM)lanceangel Wrote: [ -> ]crafting with companion out spams errors
EDIT: below info is the cause (bot spamming free stance button constantly)

Thank you! I did forget about crafting window and how it's blocking every other interactions in game.

(12-22-2017, 11:34 PM)lanceangel Wrote: [ -> ]when not in combat and just standing around, he does a weird head turning thing every 1 second.
EDIT: figured out what causes this. the add-on is constantly spamming the free stance button when in default mode. ^^ it seems the add-on is checking hp 150 times a second. is this correct? is there a way to do the hp checks, and only change companion mode when hp level requires and not try to change every millisecond?
(it's possible this could be resetting companion skills. might be important to fix)

That's very odd, because target behavior was: check HP -> if it drops down to specified %, than set flag to change stance to Healing. When this flag is active - he don't check HP any more. He tries to switch stance and then to find message in chat. And then he keeps doing it again and again until message appear and then this flag removes and bot starts check HP again.
Same way for Default stance.
And every times bot remembers current stance so he should not try to switch to same stance (except default bot behavior can do it - I didn't want to mess with bot code in this part).
So what you describe sounds like bot couldn't find message about switched stance...
How often bot spams in chat information about switched exactly the same stance for you?
It should do only like "Healer -> Default -> Healer -> Default -> (sometimes) Default ->Healer ->", but never "Healer -> Healer -> Healer -> Healer -> Default -> Default -> Default -> "

Can you test this version before I post it as main version? If problem remains please execute "CSD.Settings.debug = true" in console and check what it reports to you while problem is active.
crafting works fine now
I had "Own Battle System Messages" turned off in chat settings ^^ everything is good now. might want to add a note to enable that up top
Updated: 1.0.1
Changes:

- Added check if your current profession is Crafter to prevent stance spamming while crafting process (thanks lanceangel)

This version is the same that was posted for lanceangel, so if you already loaded it - you don't need to update.
working great

still giving Free Stance order every 24 seconds when idle

[attachment=5954]
lanceangel,
yeah - that's default bot behavior without add-on: repeat selected stance every 30sec.
I decided not to change anything at this part because it's not affect anything except chat message.
I think if you check "Own Battle System Messages" for Battle tab of your chat or any other (not that one you use to chat) - is should work as well.
Pages: 1 2