MMOMinion

Full Version: Bot update and attachment problems
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
* What OS are you running? Win 10 Pro, build 1903
* What AV is installed?(Antivirus) BitDefender Total Security 2019
* Where is the bot installed?(installed path) C:\MINIONAPP
* Do you have any Anti-Malware installed? None outside of what is included in Bitdefender Total Security 2019
* do you have Mumble, Teamspeak, Fraps, any other recording software, Nvida Gamers Experience, Raptr, Caytalist Control Center, guildworks,Teamviwer installed? None of the programs listed are installed
* Did you follow the install instructions found HERE Absolutely have
* Are you running the bot as admin? Yes
* Are you using the attach button or having minionapp launch the client? Manual Attachment since FF14 uses one-time password
*Are you running any Bot addons? None atm, just the bot itself

Hi everyone!

My issue is 2-fold here. So first, I downloaded the minion app from the website as instructed and installed it into default category. it did not prompt me to install any C++ packages or DirectX stuff, but I made sure I still had them installed regardless (2010, 2013 and 2015). The installation went without any errors. I launched the minion app and downloaded the FF14 bot using the link in the store. Download went without issue. After, the updater showed me that there are a few minion app executables that need to be updated. I selected them to be updated. The updater seems to run fine and restarts afterwards. However, when it loads back up, same file (minionlauncher_64.exe) still needs to be updated. I tried updating multiple times to same effect. The search on the web revealed that people who had similar issue had to whitelist the minionapp folder in the AV. I have whitelisted the minionapp folder prior to this already in every option that BitDefender allowed me to and also added the minionapp folder to Windows Defender (even though it is disabled atm). No effect.

In addition to this, if I choose to ignore the fact that one of the files needs to be updated and try to attach the bot to the game, it does not work. As I mentioned above, I use manual attachment where I fully start the game first and then try to attach the both. When I click the attach button, the both says "Starting Game" for about 2-3 minutes and then gives me "Unknown Error during start of the game". I assume this may be related to the fact that I cannot update one of the files.

Things I have tried so far to fix this. I have done a fresh windows install yesterday, so there is minimal amount of programs currently on the computer. I have tried fully removing bitdefender and reinstalling minionapp. I have tried disabling everything in the startup category and reinstalling minionapp under those conditions. All of it still results in the same issue. I have already created a ticket for this but I was hoping that maybe someone ran into something like this before and had some advice. I would really appreciate any help. Thank you everyone.
Issue has been resolved with new FF14 minion update, so all props go to the dev team. Thank you all!
How did you solve this? Since the update every attempt to attach the bot crashes my client.
It's crashing the game to desktop when it tries to attach now as of 5 or 10 minutes ogo. "Unable to connect to authentication server, check your internet connection"
Having the same issues right now with "Unable to connect to authentication server, check your internet connection"
(06-18-2019, 04:38 AM)AlphaBetaGamma Wrote: [ -> ]It's crashing the game to desktop when it tries to attach now as of 5 or 10 minutes ogo. "Unable to connect to authentication server, check your internet connection"

I'm having this same issue. The update messed something up
(06-18-2019, 04:45 AM)Loruck Wrote: [ -> ]
(06-18-2019, 04:38 AM)AlphaBetaGamma Wrote: [ -> ]It's crashing the game to desktop when it tries to attach now as of 5 or 10 minutes ogo. "Unable to connect to authentication server, check your internet connection"

I'm having this same issue. The update messed something up

Same issue here. :( Hope they get it resolved soon.
Working again