MMOMinion
Trial / Demo modes ? - Printable Version

+- MMOMinion (https://www.mmominion.com)
+-- Forum: MMOMinion (https://www.mmominion.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=140)
+--- Forum: News & Announcements (https://www.mmominion.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=141)
+--- Thread: Trial / Demo modes ? (/showthread.php?tid=20580)

Pages: 1 2 3

RE: Trial / Demo modes ? - gazen29 - 04-05-2018

It's a good idea. I also say this because I do have a friend that is interested with the program.

RE: Trial / Demo modes ? - S4BRE - 04-05-2018

I am all for this. i have recently bought an addon thats does not function like i thought it would. if the trial was in effect i would have known not to buy it.

RE: Trial / Demo modes ? - king4095 - 04-05-2018

I agree with a previous poster, especially for ACR addons, that a timed demo of an hour would be incredible. Sometimes you might prefer your skill profile, or in FF's case some job have two ACR profiles and you might want to decide which you like better. Same with either bot's PvP addons.

RE: Trial / Demo modes ? - Orctastic - 04-05-2018

let us trial for 99 cents for 24h or something :p

RE: Trial / Demo modes ? - Olyth - 04-05-2018

Yes, I believe it would be a good idea to consider adding trials/demos. As long as realistic abuse safeguards are put in place and developer opt-in/out options are present. If players, in general, can abuse a demo/trial system they well. So if one was found as abusable it might end-up leading to lost protentional revenue for the developer. Which could, in turn, lead to them becoming disenchanted with supporting their addon. Ultimately, leaving legit paying customers with a quickly outdated and useless addon because of the cheapskate actions of other non-paying users.

With the above being said. Most of the add-ons are pretty good at explaining themselves in their store descriptions. While a few have left me questioning the value gained vs asking price ratio. When considering add-on purchases solely on their current store descriptions. Whereas if given an hour or a little more to test out an add-on. It would go a long way in convincing me to open my wallet for particular ones that fall into the "would be nice to have" or "do I really need this" categories. Honestly, I'd be happy with just adding a basic rating system to the store where only confirmed purchasers could enter a rating and possibly give a brief limited character feedback. So protentional buyers would have more to go on. Then only what the developer chooses to share or not share. Although, I can understand the argument that taking a moment to go through the add-on's forums is a viable option. But can be tad lengthy process that might turn off potential customers. As well as negative feedback/ratings being able to kill an add-on fast to the point that a developer might choose to discontinue support on the add-on in question and any or all of their others. Well that my ten cents for all its worth. =D

RE: Trial / Demo modes ? - Vin - 04-06-2018

I've been a member for a long time and I believe that trials are needed.

Pros. 

1. the duration allowed for trial depends on the addon itself, 

A. For example Sebbs addons are great and a 6-12 hours duration would be enough to judge to buy or not to.

B. Dailies from bottox team might need a 24 hours duration for the reset to happen and try it once assuming someone used all their beast tribe allowance and is waiting for the reset, and so on.

C. It would be nice to have a trial allowed every 6 months for each addon, example, to test the performance of certain addons with the new content so members can decide to buy or not.
In other words, someone can start a trial on 01 APR 2018, next time he can do another trial for the same product can be 01 OCT 2018

D. I would like to suggest a duration for ACRs to be 6 -12 hours, so a member can modify it for example before the raid, and try it within the raid session which normal teams take 4-5 hours at max at a single day.

As for cons, I think one trial per account + IP should be done, some might try to abuse the system, in other words a monitoring system.

RE: Trial / Demo modes ? - barfelonous - 04-08-2018

(04-05-2018, 12:24 AM)herroryuy Wrote:  yes great

i think an 8-24 hour trial period would be fantastic! what a great idea!

RE: Trial / Demo modes ? - DecMax - 04-10-2018

Great idea, saves us from the lottery in purchasing an addon with bugs.

RE: Trial / Demo modes ? - Chunky - 04-10-2018

Yes please, I've purchased a few things and been sorely disappointed in them. But on the flipside, I'd try more addons out with a trial option.

RE: Trial / Demo modes ? - HansW - 04-10-2018

we have a 3 day refund policy that also applies to addons. So if an addon isn't what you expected, you can simply open a ticket and ask for a refund (within 3 days).