Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.67 Average
Overlay now showing up when on game capture(s)
Hello All/Support,

I mainly use minion to automate DoL/DoH side of my game, and just leave it running(off) when I manually play (usually twice or three times a week raids). I normally record our progress, and the minion overlay never use to populate when I recorded, however, with the recent update, when minion is attached or injects, the overlays populate when I capture XIV. I understand most will say just don't load minion when you want to play, I get that, but the luxury was having this as a switch that I can turn on/off if my team had work/IRL issues, I can fill in the time and go gather if need be. 

If I stop the bot, it closes my game so now I just have to wait out my windows of opportunity due to the struggle of my character still being loaded in. Again, I may be part of a small crowd here that leveraged this the way I do, but it was a luxury to have it attached and not have the overlay show up. 

If there's any way I can rollback, or even go to a previous version please let me know as I would do so.

Kind regards,

N
Alternatively, if you just close the launcher window instead of hitting Stop, it does not close out your game. So you can unload the bot and X out of the launcher, then just re-run the launcher (or open it and have it ready to attach) when needed. That's what I do when I go back and forth a lot without closing the game.
(09-23-2017, 01:04 PM)PixiKel Wrote:  Alternatively, if you just close the launcher window instead of hitting Stop, it does not close out your game.  So you can unload the bot and X out of the launcher, then just re-run the launcher (or open it and have it ready to attach) when needed.  That's what I do when I go back and forth a lot without closing the game.

Yeah, that's what I've been doing. However, the update before the most recent fixed the issue of the GUI not being shown, however, from this recent push it reverted back, so back to the workaround lol.