Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bot sits in same spot and other
I have my bot set to quest to level an alternate job. It works for a bit. I leave and go AFK, but I come back to the bot sitting in one spot and it hasn't done anything. It works when I am watching it but doesn't when I am away. Does it only perform with an audience?

Joke aside, it truly is annoying that it is idle. Attached is my bug report. From what I can tell it gets stuck during the grind phase of the quest mode. I am also using Latty's all expansions profile with Alice's Redmage skill profile. 

As an example. I let it run for 8 hours today while I worked. Came back to it idle.

For it to work again. I have to physically move it to a different spot and/or attack a mob.

I have a feeling it is the navMEsh, but what do I know? 

Please help.

EDIT - I moved it and it came right back to the spot it was sitting in. It is not sitting idle again...……

EDIT 2 - Since last edit. The bot has returned to the same exact spot 3 times now and each time I had to move him to get it back on track.

Attached Files
.txt   bug_report.txt (Size: 4.79 KB / Downloads: 0)
I set it to grind mode and left it for 8 hours while I went to work. Came back to it sitting in the same spot as I said above. Same result, different mode.
full screen pic with the report tab open
its the ? in the main ui.

turn off char name
 Like my work or want something added?
Consider Donating
(01-05-2019, 10:26 AM)sebbs Wrote:  full screen pic with the report tab open
its the ? in the main ui.

turn off char name

Here is the requested picture. This is the spot it has been sitting in.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

wrong report window.

The ? on the main ui opens it.

Also need to see your grind mode settings.
I would say you have set your fate settings to low or turned them off.

All settings for grind mode are inherited from the mode they use.
So if grind mode fates are tuned off it wont do fates.
Consider Donating
(01-07-2019, 01:59 AM)sebbs Wrote:  wrong report window.

The ? on the main ui opens it.

Also need to see your grind mode settings.
I would say you have set your fate settings to low or turned them off.

All settings for grind mode are inherited from the mode they use.
So if grind mode fates are tuned off it wont do fates.

Okay I will post a picture of that tomorrow. If I have it set to do quests and lets say I turned off fate mode some how, should it still be doing quests?
it will only doing quests if you have valid quests to do.
if you have side quests to do then make sure the quest options have all quests turned on not just story
Consider Donating
I've seen this too while gathering 24x7.

It's a pathing error (MoveTo failed) unrelated to your settings; needs to be fixed in the core bot logic or mesh.
The views/opinions expressed in this post are my own and do not reflect the official policy/position of MMOMinion or its affiliates. As an honorary "developer", I create modules in my spare time. Add me to your ignore list if you're easily offended or cannot handle friendly ribbing.
Well I havnt seen any error yet so
Consider Donating
(01-07-2019, 01:43 PM)sebbs Wrote:  Well I havnt seen any error yet so

Some information on what you need to debug it would be helpful.  It's not all that rare to get stuck in mid-flight due to a pathing problem, and this happens when there is absolutely nothing obstructing movement.

Madao had to add some checks for this in his addon code and now it teleports when it runs into this problem, so it's worked around at least for those using his stuff.
Code:
18:20:50> D = "[madao] stucked at the same location ?? happens in 5-10min twice "
18:20:50> D = "[madao] something goes wrong with mesh go back to atheryte near to target node"
18:20:50> D = "[error]: [madao] move to location info "
18:20:50> D = "marker location"
18:20:50> D =
18:20:50> {
18:20:50>     airposChecked = true,
18:20:50>     mapid = 397,
18:20:50>     meshpos =
18:20:50>     {
18:20:50>         done = false,
18:20:50>         radius = 50,
18:20:50>         x = -187.01,
18:20:50>         y = 85.86,
18:20:50>         z = -213.45,
18:20:50>     },
18:20:50>     radius = 50,
18:20:50> }[/font][/size][/color]
[color=#dcddde][size=small][font=Whitney, ]

But to be clear, this problem happens with just the core bot code without using any addons.  I only mention Madao's addon because it has better debug logging to help solve problems.

I can confirm from the OP's post that manually moving when the bot gets stuck like this, even just a little, seems to free it up and allows movement to continue.

There is something wrong with the core bot mesh or flight navigation in general.
The views/opinions expressed in this post are my own and do not reflect the official policy/position of MMOMinion or its affiliates. As an honorary "developer", I create modules in my spare time. Add me to your ignore list if you're easily offended or cannot handle friendly ribbing.