MMOMinion

Full Version: GUI console clear api function (to avoid fps freeze)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello all,

I look for a function to clear the GUI console, because the game becomes to lag (fps freeze) at each log message ( 'd(..)' api function ) when the console reaches a certain size.

Best regards

P.S.: The problem occurs only when the console is visible.
if the console is open that means your getting an error its trying to bring to your attention.
Hello :)

In fact, if the console is opened, it is because I have opened it (for debug purpose for example).

Best regards
It is not the size of the log that causes the lag, it is the frequency at which the debug messages are filling the console.
If you are doing lots of debug messages, then you need to change the Pulse setting to something higher, like 1000, to prevent the lag.
Hello again,

First, thanks for your response.

I write to the console, 0 or 2 messages per second max.

During a few minutes (10 to 15) everything is smooth, but after that, at each message, the game seems to freeze during a short lapse of time (maybe 250 ms max).

If I keep the console window closed or if I stop to send messages to it, the problem is 'resolved' (so I will keep it closed :) ).

Since it has nothing to do with the console size, sorry, and consider this post closed.

Best regards