MMOMinion

Full Version: LUA
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Is there a list of all the functions, procedures, attributes, properties, etc. that are available to LUA scripts?

Or even better, a guide for would-be LUA scripters.

I would like to start writing some LUA scripts and it's a bit daunting without knowing what is available.

A little background on me: I've been programming since I was in the 8th grade, I am now almost 49 years old, so around 35 years, give or take. I've dabbled with LUA when I botted FFXI using Windower.

I have some ideas about what kind of scripts I'd like to write, but a little guidance would go a long way.

Thanks!
https://github.com/MINIONBOTS/FFXIVMinion/wiki

Easiest way to learn is simply to open the existing lua modules and learn by example.
Thanks for the link. I looked in a lot of the forums trying to find this information, but came up empty handed.

I agree with you and I've looked through many of the scripts and even modified some of them for myself. However, that doesn't give you everything that is available.

I've tried modifying some of the default scripts that are downloaded by the updater, but because the md5 hash changes, it re-downloads them and reverts back. For instance, when gathering nodes using a mount it will try to start gathering at the node before the character has completely dismounted and causes some error messages to appear in the chat log, something about not being able to do it while jumping. I added a small delay after the dismount and that stopped the error messages but, or course, after relaunching the bot, my changes got overwritten.

And... after looking at the link and what it provides, it's not what I really wanted. I already know LUA and I've already looked at a lot of the existing scripts. What I would really like to have is a complete list of what you guys have added for FFXIV. Basically, what library of functions and properties are available, a programmer's reference, so to speak.
Did you miss the entire sidebar labeled API Documentation?
That would be a firm yes!

lol

Thanks! That sidebar was exactly what I was looking for. Now I have some coding to do ;)
I've been working on a script and I have a problem. I can get the zone id from the Player object, but how do I turn that into a human readable zone name? Do I have to make my own list of Zone IDs and Names or is there a function in Minion that returns Zone Name if provided a Zone ID? Something like ZoneName=GetZoneName(ZoneID). Or even better, just another property on the Player object: Player.ZoneName.
We don't have any method of getting a zone name in the API, it's all based on the link between mesh names and the map ID.
Would it be possible to add that feature in the future?
So far we haven't come across a situation that explicitly needs it. It would probably be faster to build a simple translation table than to reverse it.
Ok, that's what I did, but it would be nice to have that function built into Minion.

I have written a map program, external to minion like the old mapmon from ffxi, that uses data from Minion to display items on it, like the name of the zone. It also shows a marker for your current position and direction on the map as well as the aetherytes and fates (with level range, fate name and % completion). I think it's very handy to have up on one monitor while i'm playing the game on another. I rarely have to open the in-game map anymore. One thing i've noticed about the fate information from minion is the duration is always 0. I assumed that should be the time remaining for the fate, but i'm not sure. I would have liked to have added the time remaining to the fate label as well. It also has a feature so that you can check off a list of fates that you're interested in and when they pop on the map, it plays a wav file to alert you. It's a work in progress but it's coming along nicely.
Pages: 1 2