MMOMinion

Full Version: Loot options?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi there, have been running a few dungeons lately and I'm wondering what the difference is between the loot options Any and Need?

Enabling either seems to roll Need on Needables, Greed on Greedables etc. if I'm not mistaken?
ok so if you set it to NEED. It will only Roll NEED. if you set it to GREED it will only Roll GREED if you set it to PASS it will only roll PASS. If you set it to ANY, the system will go NEED.....GREED.....PASS. and rely on the ingame allowance of doing these rolls.
Thanks Jackie, really appreciate the answer. :)
(12-03-2014, 01:12 PM)Kaetor Wrote: [ -> ]Hi there, have been running a few dungeons lately and I'm wondering what the difference is between the loot options Any and Need?

Enabling either seems to roll Need on Needables, Greed on Greedables etc. if I'm not mistaken?

There is a problem with the option "Any" as it is passing on the item even though the toon can still roll need/greed (allagan tomes).

Any work around on this?
(12-05-2014, 03:19 PM)mmominionaccount Wrote: [ -> ]
(12-03-2014, 01:12 PM)Kaetor Wrote: [ -> ]Hi there, have been running a few dungeons lately and I'm wondering what the difference is between the loot options Any and Need?

There is a problem with the option "Any" as it is passing on the item even though the toon can still roll need/greed (allagan tomes).

Any work around on this?

works good for me so idk
(12-05-2014, 03:19 PM)mmominionaccount Wrote: [ -> ]

Any work around on this?

yes i have this problem too from time to time.
i use now "Need" and it works better.
Any and Need are actually the same thing. I don't even know why I have Any in the code anymore.
So yea, you could switch it to "Need", and see if it changes the result.
Won't NEED, only Roll NEED (ignore GREED & PASS) and ANY will check NEED > GREED > PASS?
No, Need does the exact same thing, it attempts to Need first, then Greed/Pass as fallback.
All looting eventually falls back to Pass() to avoid the bot getting stuck.