MMOMinion

Full Version: Computer question ( not game related)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I'm just wonder if anyone ever had this problem.

A while ago, I changed my graphic card on my desktop and up to this day everything works fine, but when ever I start my computer ( windows 8) I get a black screen where the bios options should be. The options to press F8 and start in safe mode and all those type of things. Also no boot up logo showing me that the comp it's starting up... It will just simply go black, then a few seconds go by, and then the screen goes to the log in window, I put my id and password and everything works fine from there.

I can't find anything on the web that might tell me how to fix this and maybe you guys had this happen before. I'm just trying to access some menus that I need this bios screen for. Any tips?
Didn't you enabled "Fast Boot" in your BIOS/UEFI?
No I didn't do that? I just open my computer and replace my graphic card, then I saw it worked and that's about how far I got to changing anything
So you have a question, something with the graphic card. Reinstall the drivers (and delete the old ones if your old card was AMD).
This shouldn't be posted here.
Sorry, I just needed this to mess around with my ram so I can run more bots smoother, got 16gb but I can't read more than 8. Feel free to delete this thread.
If you have 16GB and it only reads 8GB, it most likely means there is a bent pin on your CPU.
They read 16gb of ram on the GeForce experience program, but says only 7.80gb usable, no matter where I put the ram on my mother board, it reads them all, I pretty sure it's not a bent pin. I'm thinking is the bios that could be outdated or there be a setting there that I could play around with, but like I said, I can't get into the bios cus of a black screen.
what OS are you running? 64 bit? maybe your mother board doesnt support more then 8.
When the pin is bent, most tools can read the full 16GB, but the OS can't use it.
Pages: 1 2