MMOMinion

Full Version: ffxiv.cfg
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Is there any way to use the launcher to give each of the ffxiv instance a separate ffxiv.cfg file? I do this with isboxer but for some reason ffxiv ran by isboxer crashes a lot with minion.
why does each instance need a different .cfg file?
this has only function for real player. @jackie
when you change settings on your game. all instances use this setting.

i would love to play with my main with max settings and resolution and my alt/bots at low settings and min. resolution.
at the moment i use a batch file to copy .cfg files when i play with my main or let run my bots.
Pretty much what Shaolin said.
No, launcher doesn't work using copies and such, and it's doubtful it will be modified to do so anytime soon.

I've used minion with isboxer for months without issue, as do some others I know, so it's not a common problem.
couldnt you just have 2 instalations of FFXIV run one for your main the other for your bots?
The launcher DOES work using different named .exe (copies), but since there is only one ffxiv.cfg per installation folder, there is no way other than to have separate installs of the game to accomplish what you ask, or you would have to edit the FFXIV.cfg manually before running a new client for different settings, since when you close FFXIV that install will save the current settings to that same file again and overwrite them.

You could just copy the desired settings you want, save them, run the game, copy over different settings, save them again, then run the game.. Not automated but it should work
I took Shaolin2's idea and just created 2 batch files with custom ffxiv.cfg info and just run them before starting my session.
Yah I was going to suggest that as well :)