MMOMinion

Full Version: Issues attaching after every minion update
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Every time a patch is introduced, I update FFXIV, wait till official forum post stating bot is updated for new patch, see other forum users posting bug reports of little things meaning its working, but mine still crashes on attach every time. I instal fresh copy of minion and same issue. I install fresh copy of FFXIV several times and eventually it works. I turn off IP blockers and firewall and anything else unnecessary and same problem. What am I doing wrong when the other bot I know does nothing but start minion, wait for it to update, and it works?
Im having the same issue
all you have to do is up date ffxiv manually, then click the gui_launcher the bot will update. and you continue like normal. make sure you run the bot as admin, you have to remember things change in the bot some programs that may have worked fine before may not work with the bot now. so stuff like Overlays, fraps, gforce experience, mumble, teamspeak will cause problems as well. there is some program you have on your computer that is causing enviromental issues and making ffxivminon unstable. its best to have a botting machine.
just windows 7 the game the bot and only the required programs MSE. why do you need IP blocker? people bloatware their computers and things end up not working well.
Thanks for the response. I figured it had to be something like that but didn't know if it was known or specific. I restarted and just didn't run anything and it worked. I have very few programs going at any time and I give myself a new OS every 2-3 months. I don't have any excessive programs. Just Internet, steam, music, bluetooth, objectdock, and only run VoIP when I'm in a raid. Not having any extra programs running when I first start after patch seems to be what it needs. Thanks for the helps.
i recently added sweetfx to my ffxiv install. would it be possible this would screw the bot up?
it will, i think it even mentioned in the howto. Like any other overlay it may cause the bot crash
okay sorry, i must have missed that!