MMOMinion

Full Version: brd vs blm team?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey I currently have a team of 4 bards, all fairly well equipped at this point ilvl 95+ on each. But I was thinking of leveling blm instead and giving that a try for quicker runs. Assuming equal ilvl will a blm team perform better than brd?

TP seems to be the biggest issue while aoe spamming on brd, I assume blms seemingly infinite mana would help speed things up. Thoughts?
I roll 2 BRDs and 2 BLMs usually. I like the fact that if the BRD dies and ports back to the boss that it is instantly ready for action. A BLM can take a second to get mp ready. I have yet to come across anything I cannot get past. I farm Sunken Temple Hard with those.
well really you shouldnt be dieing if the profiles are good. straight farming gil 4 blms is the way to go.
yeah i'm not having problems farming or anything, just wondering if it's worth my time to switch them over to blms. with the quest profiles now it's easier than ever, its just that i've dumped a fair amount of poetics into their bard gear.
straight farming gil BLMs will net higher GPH then Bards. especially 4 bards.
guess i'll get to it. :)
well it depends, if u plan to shoot mobs by pack like T4 use BLMs to avoid TP problems, if u plan to kill a single target like twintania in T5 , brds are ok. a good thing i use is a set of a whm , 6 blms and a brd that uses foe requiem (for a 8-man duty) , and usually 3 blms+ healer or 3 brds+healer (for 4-man duty) ,depending what i have to do
just for the sake of anyone wondering, i finished off one of my blms. currently sitting at ilvl 101, compared to the three ilvl 107+ brds in my team the blm is consistently out dps'ing the 3 brds by at least 30 dps over the course of the dungeon. DPS peaks during aoe, keeps up with the brds during single target but within 10 dps of them.

info's taken from a few hours of lcoa tome farming. running default blm profile, running the brd 3.0 profile. definitely going to focus on getting my other brds moved over to blm. i do still prefer brd for anything open world that i have to kite, but for farming dungeons blm seems the way to go for sure.
the thing is teh bards run out of tp and have to use skills to catch back up but end up runing out of TP completely on aoe pulls.