MMOMinion

Full Version: Updater broken
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hi, for the past week every time I start the bot, the Updater.exe downloads the same small files (the text scrolls to fast for me to list them).
I tired downloading fresh updater from website and doing the fresh install, but the same keeps happening.
Where are hash tags for files stored and could you provide current hash tag file the updater is supposed to use so I can compare and maybe manually replace?
<-- nevermind, seems working as intended

Second issue, potentially connected to unsuccessful updates is that when bot is attached (not even running any modules, just attached), the game closes after awhile, like 10-15min. There is no error message, neither from Windows, bot nor FFXIV. The window just closes.

I run as admin, Win7x64, disks aren't full or write protected.
does the same thing for me
its not downloading. if your ead at the start its Checking these files to see if there are any changes. to download them you would actually see a green bar. are you looking on the info tab of the gui_launcher?for why it closes?
Hmm, you're right, the file list scrools through but the download bar doesn't move. So the first issue might be resolved, although in the past the updater didn't scroll through the file list and was closing instantly.

But the second issue still remains - the game window closes after some time with bot attached. I'll try enabling Minion Logs and see if theres something in them.
OK, I went ahead and tried enabling logging in settings. Looks like it prints errors to console only and not any file. Bot was complaining that I have no navmesh loaded (I always set mesh to 'none' and tick "No Mesh Load" in MeshManager options), so I loaded.
Went afk for ~30min without crash, then entered dungeon and game closed towards the end of dungeon (so maybe after ~20min?) using Assist mode.
So either bot crashes game if no navmesh is loaded (dungeons don't have navmeshes) or it is something unrelated.
If the bot cant call home, it closes the client. Any changes, new firewall/antivirus, or has your internet been wonky in the last few days?
(12-20-2014, 06:08 PM)EonsTimE Wrote: [ -> ]OK, I went ahead and tried enabling logging in settings. Looks like it prints errors to console only and not any file. Bot was complaining that I have no navmesh loaded (I always set mesh to 'none' and tick "No Mesh Load" in MeshManager options), so I loaded.
Went afk for ~30min without crash, then entered dungeon and game closed towards the end of dungeon (so maybe after ~20min?) using Assist mode.
So either bot crashes game if no navmesh is loaded (dungeons don't have navmeshes) or it is something unrelated.

look on the INFO tab of hte gui_launcher when a client closes its because the gui_launcher closed it. on this info tab it will say why. So if you get a 90k error in game the gui_launcher closes the game so fast you wont ever see the ingame message that you got a 90k error.
No changes happened on my side, the issue appeared after 2.45 update.
I left the game on for the whole night now, standing afk in city. Once every few days I get 90000, sure, but it's not THAT frequent. I usually leave the game on 24/7 - too much hassle relogging. With bot attached the game does not last more than 30-60min.
There is nothing in GUI_Launcher log window, it's completely blank. I attach to a running game, don't start it through bot launcher. I run only 1 instance and usually close the GUI_Launcher after I attach to game, but I left it on this time.
(12-21-2014, 11:54 AM)EonsTimE Wrote: [ -> ]No changes happened on my side, the issue appeared after 2.45 update.
I left the game on for the whole night now, standing afk in city. Once every few days I get 90000, sure, but it's not THAT frequent. I usually leave the game on 24/7 - too much hassle relogging. With bot attached the game does not last more than 30-60min.
There is nothing in GUI_Launcher log window, it's completely blank. I attach to a running game, don't start it through bot launcher. I run only 1 instance and usually close the GUI_Launcher after I attach to game, but I left it on this time.

wll there is your problem. set the bot up to be launched by the gui_launcher.... then teh info tab will explain "Why" its closing the instance down.

Another thing you can try is to make sure you do not have any aps running like teamspeak or mumble.
My game has security token, so Launcher can't boot it directly. :(
I don't run anything that does overlays over the game, well, unless very sporadically TS. TS and Mumble aren't running 98% time, I don't have Steam etc.
It reminds me we've had the same discussion before, and it was also after game update. Is it possible some memloc not many people care about wasn't updated in the bot? It was the same before for me for a bit, the game was closing instantly for no particular reason.
Don't think it's a change on my side, my hardware is the same, ISP same, software-wise only major thing I can think of is keeping graphics driver up to date and in stalling windows Update patches :(
Pages: 1 2