MMOMinion

Full Version: Atma Grind Flaw
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
So I've been atma grinding for nexus lights for close to 24 hours, and I've noticed that anyone using the same bot will literally have the same movements as me. This guy has been doing the same fates as me, attacking the same mobs, even the same zones and will teleport at the same time too.

I tried taking a small 5min break then restarting the bot, only to find myself again following/get followed by this other guy using the same bot in atma farm.

If this is correct, then that is a pretty huge flaw to have the bot rely on an internal/external timer to dictate where to go/which fate/map to do. Any fix to make atma farming more...subtle?
Just fate grind 1 zone.

Maybe set the fate complete % higher or lower so you join at different times..
There are many tweaks you can make.
(12-26-2014, 11:04 AM)sebbs Wrote: [ -> ]Just fate grind 1 zone.

Well I tried those. The appeal of atma grinding is that it won't stay in one map/zone for days, decreasing the likelihood of getting reported. In that mode it will teleport around and not stay in a spot, which is very good if you plan on going away on vacation for a few days/weeks.

Fate complete set at 1% still doesn't quite fix it, as it will end up near other bots eventually. During the day, on big maps, it can be quite problematic as it can miss short fates all the way across the map.

The only way to control this would be I guess to already have certain atmas in your inventory, to temporarily lock the bot from atma farming a certain zone. I was hoping there could be an option to manually configure this, just like markers with timers.
Altho it doesnt have a fate count atm, try the Task Manager addon.

can set up your own zones to teleport to. Maybe request a fate count to be added as an option.

A quick fix around it would be adding an item count from a drop in that zone and it would port the the next zone once you had that item count.

A quick and easy way would be setting gil amount..
You're just being paranoid. Turn on randomize paths or something if it really bothers you, but don't post something ridiculous as "huge flaw".
(12-26-2014, 11:25 AM)9874126 Wrote: [ -> ]
(12-26-2014, 11:04 AM)sebbs Wrote: [ -> ]Just fate grind 1 zone.

Well I tried those. The appeal of atma grinding is that it won't stay in one map/zone for days, decreasing the likelihood of getting reported. In that mode it will teleport around and not stay in a spot, which is very good if you plan on going away on vacation for a few days/weeks.

Fate complete set at 1% still doesn't quite fix it, as it will end up near other bots eventually. During the day, on big maps, it can be quite problematic as it can miss short fates all the way across the map.

The only way to control this would be I guess to already have certain atmas in your inventory, to temporarily lock the bot from atma farming a certain zone. I was hoping there could be an option to manually configure this, just like markers with timers.
if you want to stay in 1 zone why even turn atma on? just turn on do fates do fates only. lol
(12-27-2014, 08:29 PM)Ace Wrote: [ -> ]You're just being paranoid. Turn on randomize paths or something if it really bothers you, but don't post something ridiculous as "huge flaw".

Maybe I am. The fact is there is no RNG method as to where the bot sends you on atma farming. For the sake of argument, if the server had 30 people using the same exact bot, and all of them clicked on the "Do Atma" button, they'd all be in the same exact zone, doing the same exact fates, killing the same exact mobs. If you don't consider this a "huge flaw" then I don't know what could be.

To quote Cichard: "dont group your bots up in 1 one lcation". Don't you think it would look suspicious?

@ Cichard: I believe I already posted that I don't want to stay in one zone. It would look suspicious to farm a single zone 24/7 for days. That's why I use the atma mode, since it'll teleport to a different zone every once in a while.
Even if you have normal players playing the same fates, they all follow the crowd to the fate and there skill rotations will be quite similar so normal players will look just like bots.
It was bad when the bot had pathing issues in S Than, was watching my bot with another bot keep looping the same path over and over.
(12-28-2014, 04:24 AM)9874126 Wrote: [ -> ]
(12-27-2014, 08:29 PM)Ace Wrote: [ -> ]You're just being paranoid. Turn on randomize paths or something if it really bothers you, but don't post something ridiculous as "huge flaw".

Maybe I am. The fact is there is no RNG method as to where the bot sends you on atma farming. For the sake of argument, if the server had 30 people using the same exact bot, and all of them clicked on the "Do Atma" button, they'd all be in the same exact zone, doing the same exact fates, killing the same exact mobs. If you don't consider this a "huge flaw" then I don't know what could be.

To quote Cichard: "dont group your bots up in 1 one lcation". Don't you think it would look suspicious?

@ Cichard: I believe I already posted that I don't want to stay in one zone. It would look suspicious to farm a single zone 24/7 for days. That's why I use the atma mode, since it'll teleport to a different zone every once in a while.

the whole point of Atama farming is to be in a specific zone at a specific time. THATS WHEN THE ITEM DROPS. 3 things you can do to change how/when you get to the fate in that zone.

First you can Change the area in which the bot waits for fates to spawn the evac point. If youc hange them to different areas of the city you can take different paths to the fate.

Second you can Change the wait % on each of your bots. so 1% 2 % 3%.

Third you can Turn on random paths.