MMOMinion

Full Version: Game Crashes when using VPN
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
So I conducted a few tests and this is what I got:

I tried using WTFast with one client, after a few minutes game will close.

I tried using all 3 FF clients with WTFast and Bot, All 3 will close in the order I open them.

I tried using WTFast alone without the bot, it won't close

I tried using the Bot without WTFast, it won't close

The clients (game) aren't crashing with any sort of errors, but instead they are closing just the same way as if your MMO license expired, like the game just disappears.

I'm practically forced to use WTFast because Verizon Fios has this year long issue with FF14.

Is there anything the Devs can do to fix it so Minion can work together with the VPN or anything from my end that I need to do?

Thank you
Had the same problem last 3-4 weeks, but it might've been resolved now on the mmominion side. Last 2 days I can keep game running 24h. Are you still getting your client closed today?
Yes today, but I made one interesting switch on the WTFast settings, rather than use their recommended servers I switched to the ones in NY and so far it didn't close, but then again, I didn't test them long enough just to make sure.

I assume the program was using Canadian servers ? not sure, but I will do a few more tests now.
Hmm, actually, I've also picked my own servers this time, was using auto setting before that.
(12-26-2014, 09:33 PM)EonsTimE Wrote: [ -> ]Hmm, actually, I've also picked my own servers this time, was using auto setting before that.

So far so good, I think about an hour of play with 3 clients without closing.

Usually it would kick me after about 10-15 mins or less.

Maybe it's just the WTFast server selection or maybe minion had an update today?

I will update tomorrow again
maybe you playing at trial WTFast and you didnt pay them :)

check your WTFast premium
Just came here looking for same problem. I am using premium. Going to test with manually setting.

EDIT: Tested and confirmed. Manually setting path fixed problem
(01-02-2015, 03:17 AM)hamoudalmuhareb Wrote: [ -> ]maybe you playing at trial WTFast and you didnt pay them :)

check your WTFast premium

no trial

As another user stated, changing it to manual for some reason fixes the issue.
Is there anyway to get this to work with PingZapper? You have to manually set the VPN server in PingZapper so I'm not sure if there's anything else I can do on my end to get it to work.
I also use WTFast and had this problem ever since they implemented the new feature of auto selection.

You have to use manual setting. If you set it to auto it will kick you since it's constantly changing IPs/servers to find a good path.
Pages: 1 2