MMOMinion

Full Version: Help with Gathering please
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi,

I've gone through the tutorials and barely understand anything.

The bot works fine with Botany in Central Shroud. I can specify what to gather and it runs around gathering.

However in Central Thanalan, where I want to collect Lightning Shards, the bot follows the same path back and forth. Enabling the "Show Path" option shows this red line and all the bot does is walk along it. Nothing else.

Why is the bot walking along a path that has no nodes?

I tried taking the bot to an area with nodes (Spineless Basin) - it just runs back to its little path. What's going on here? The Console log sometimes shows messages like "GetNearestGatherable() failed" - wtf? The nearest gatherable lvl 1-50 "marker" is RIGHT beside it.

How the f*** does this bot decide where to go? How does the pathing work? Why is nothing like this f****ing explained?

I heard that this bot was technically difficult to configure yet exposed a great API and enabled a plethora of custom behaviour, so I was expecting something like HonorBuddy for WoW (how far it is). This isn't about technical difficulty like "click and start" vs "edit profiles and start", it's about documentation. Most of the menu items barely make any sense - would it really be that hard, as a *bare* minimum, to invest a bit and hire someone with technical writing experience/education to create a proper "Help" guide with the terms explained? e.g. the term "marker" is extremely f****ing far from the normal dictionary definitions.

Yes, I read the guides, and I'm sorry but they are crap. I realise someone might have done them for free but for a commercial product, that isn't an excuse.

Really turned off by this bot and the lack of clear English documentation.
woah buddy woah woah. No need to freak out. there is ton of tutorials on how to set up gathering. First you need a navigation mesh for the zone you want to gather in. second you need a marker in the area you want to gather in. 3rd you need to set up the items you want to gather at that marker.

http://www.mmominion.com/Thread-Tutorial...-to-Gather

ITS A STEP BY STEP instructions WITH pictures. I'm not sure what more you want. Read the Marker Manager guide and read the How to gather guide. Its takes like 30 seconds to set up gathering.

1. you go to the zone you want to gather in(make sure that zones mesh is loaded)
2. you go to the area in that zone you want to gather at(then drop markers)
3. You set up the marker that you dropped with the items you want to gather.
4. hit start.

This is no attitude to have when asking for help. I understand you are frustrated, but the bot is pretty simple to use if you take your time and start at the top of the tutorial and dont skip steps. Once you do it a few times its pretty simple to do.

ITS THAT EASY.

its a location marker it marks the location at which you want to do what ever task you are doing. if you have multple Gathering markers on the same nav mesh the bot will move around each marker. i dont know how this is unclear?

marker
n
a something used for distinguishing or marking
b (as modifier)

We are Marking a location at which you want to go to, do stuff at, navigate to. So it pretty much is spot on to the definition of marker.

just incase you didnt read the tutorial for http://www.mmominion.com/Thread-Tutorial...it-markers.

again laid out step by step explains each function of the marker and different marker modes even with pictures.

Like i said i understand you are frustrated, but there is no need to come here and put my work down on the tutorials. they are clear to read easy to follow and the pictures are spot on with what the ui looks like. I took my time to put those together and they have helped TONS of people. So if they can understand the tutorial and set everything up, I'm not sure where the issues lays.....
Go to an area, open the Marker Manager, drop a Botany or Mining marker. Configure the marker level/options, such as item to farm. Press Gather to start gathering. This is about as complicated as Gather gets, unless you checked to Gather Unspoiled nodes or something, which would be an entirely different scenario.

For future reference, try to keep your cool and not ramble on without an actual question. This isn't a comment/rant section, it's for specific support topics. Most of the people that can answer your questions, probably won't if you can't at least ask in a respectful manner. Does every software product you use clearly dictate and document every bit of source code where errors could possibly occur? No, because that would be fucking absurd. There is always some risk of misconfiguration, as with any commercial software, and is the reason this forum exists.

Post screenshots of your issue for further assistance, including marker configuration, console output, anything that might be useful.