MMOMinion

Full Version: Perma-sprint question (Not related to client side casting)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Starting off, I ranted quite a bit at that other Thread:

http://www.mmominion.com/Thread-Permasprint

Not because of the Topic, but because it is locked.

Facts "Perma-Swiftcast" has changed.

Client-Sided insta-casts. To describe this... You pressed the key and as your GCD did reset your character finished the cast. To cut off further con's: Cast Times did NOT interfer this - Every Skill was out as the GCD hit 0 on my client, also counts in Raise and Flare.

When you moved after/while pressing the skill and it was NOT and instant-casting skill: The skill did not go out.

When you got attacked (Tried with stoneskin on my Tank) you didn't get interrupted. Tried it with doing the cast right before eating a Beak - Stoneskin went on me like a charm.

Con's: Other did see a cast-bar. For Flare/Raise this castbar cut off mid-way to have the effect go out, for Stoneskinning myself i got aborted in their view but the effect went out. So it is REALLY obvious and probably not a feature you wanna use half-minded - so not a feature to put into minion with 90% of the community obviously not being able to read but to rant for not-completed Updates and seeing theirself banned.

That's all I got out of it after playing around with this. In my opinion quite a nice thing if you go 8/8 Minion - but that's pretty much it - Detection rate is the same if-not lower than Teleport/Sprint Hacks.
So the cast is instant but there is still a gcd?

Would be cool for farming as sometimes as flare casta the mob dies.

Does it have a visable defuff?
No visible buff. I am sceptical to whether this is worth putting in. It is client side only. It doesn't give you insta cast. You cannot run and cast. Server still seems to register the cast after the usual cast bar.

Just my observations on it.
Wouldnt worry bout it if it isnt instant cast.
As said it is not something I would give out to the community, and it also isnt good for the "Grind" mode since you have to stand still after doing a cast, else it will get aborted.

Its solely for the 2 reasons that some casts are going out faster (at GCD time) and you cant be aborted on casts.
IT DOESNT ACTUALLY WORK. Its only client side it tricks the client in to thinking its instant cast. The damage doesnt actually show up untill you acutally would of finished casting. if you look at from another character your character is ACTUALLY casting. and i locked your other thread becaues there was 3 other threads opened on the topic. Locking a thread because others are opened on the topic doesnt mean hey open another thread on the tpoic.
it was not my thread, i just said it was locked :)

You probably did not got what I said above....
(12-30-2014, 06:15 PM)fxfire Wrote: [ -> ]so you say for some spells this does have a working effect ?

only on a client side. ive tested it and it doesnt actually work. Yes you dont have a cast bar or casting animation, but if you watch the floating combat text and the combat text the damage isnt applied untill your cast time would normaly be up. also if you look at it from another character and target the one you are testing on. you are still actually casting.

(12-30-2014, 05:42 PM)saik1992 Wrote: [ -> ]it was not my thread, i just said it was locked :)

You probably did not got what I said above....

i know it was locked because there are other threads on the topic already opened. you dont need to make a new one you can just talk in those. that was my point. why open another thread if closing repeat threads to begin with.
Someone deleted my post in here.
Just wondering if the perma-sprint is affected by movement slowing effects or if it locks movement speed completely.
Pages: 1 2 3