MMOMinion

Full Version: [addon] for switch duty profile v2
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Not sure anyone wants it.

The idea was to allow the leader to change duty(dungeon) without the present of other players.

U can look at it as in our 2.45 relic where we have multiple dungeon to complete but not all players can be present to tell the leader that they have gotten the item.

Or you might be lazy to go around changing every single minion profile, every time u change a duty.

instruction
download dutyswitch, paste it in luamod folder.

Under duty mode, a new checkbox appear call switch.
Enable it and Enable the Bot.
Select Player A,B,C,D... if the duty profile contain different profile for different player.
Type select a type farm.
Bosses -> kill Boss only
Mobs -> farming gil from mobs
Leveling -> for leveling char.

In default, type -> bosses and player -> A is selected
Type of info file
Bosses uses switchBossesMapSettingA.info
Mobs uses switchMobsMapSettingA.info
Leveling uses switchLevelingMapSettingA.info

How it work in loading profile for different players.
Player A load ->switch..MapSettingA
Player B load ->switch..MapSettingB
Player C load ->switch..MapSettingC

Why do we need this?
If the dung require multiple profile
Which Player should I select.
In doubt, always go with the default player A.

switchBossesMapSettingA.info, switchMobsMapSettingA.info, switchLevelingMapSettingA.info should be configured in priority since they are uses in default.
if u going for multiple player profile just make a copy of A and rename them to B, C and etc and make the necessary changes in the profilename

Note::
all setting files is empty now. You have to configure yourself.
Maybe you can take reference from http://www.mmominion.com/Thread-Duty-Profiles but there is some profiles missing, that why i cannot be bored to configure them.

Impt
Everyone has different profile name for their duty. It is important for u go into the switchMapSetting to change the profile name according to what u have!!
In V2, if someone could standardize the duty profiles to use. Then it will not so much of problem. We just need a standard duty profiles to download and configure the necessary setting.

SwitchMapSetting.info
All field has to be UNQIUE (no duplicate!)
Example:
notice there is 2 x 217. 1 is uses as field name, another is property
The 217 is the mapid.
profilename is the profile name without the .info
Therefore 217 is unique id, If you have duplicate it not going to work.
[217] = {
["mapID"] = 217;
["profileName"] = "CM";
};

The attach has some preset i used. Erase them if u not using or rename the profilename to urs.
this is a wonderful idea, me and some of the other minions in our Hyperion LS have been wondering if something like this was possible. we use a lot of alt's and tend to have a lot of afk people so switching duty's to the leaders current one is amazing.

Only issue i can see with this right now would be split profile duty's wouldn't work to well unless you know who has what profile set in their switch file, but 75% of duty's would work and thank you for your work.
All you would need to do is have 1 person set up the file and zip the share info and profiles to use..

Over write existing file and reload LUAs.
Saves everyone setting there own file every time.
(01-03-2015, 04:10 AM)bandit420 Wrote: [ -> ]Only issue i can see with this right now would be split profile duty's wouldn't work to well unless you know who has what profile set in their switch file, but 75% of duty's would work and thank you for your work.

erm, before you guys start with botting just have each other to edit their switchMapSetting either A or B or C or D profile?

The only thing i am worry is,
pple might end up having duplicated MapID, which likely to cause issue
or pple that have no idea how to add new profile or make changes

Complaint
(01-04-2015, 10:44 AM)nasoo Wrote: [ -> ]
(01-03-2015, 04:10 AM)bandit420 Wrote: [ -> ]Only issue i can see with this right now would be split profile duty's wouldn't work to well unless you know who has what profile set in their switch file, but 75% of duty's would work and thank you for your work.

erm, before you guys start with botting just have each other to edit their switchMapSetting either A or B or C or D profile?

The only thing i am worry is,
pple might end up having duplicated MapID, which likely to cause issue
or pple that have no idea how to add new profile or make changes

Complaint

Easy fix would be have a database of:
1: boss farm (WP, Coils, Trials, etc)
2: leveling (Done that)
3: whatever else there is.

People can grab the files and duties and just swap the switchMapSetting.info as needed.

Custom setups would need to be done by individuals.
thank you for this! This saves me a lot of headache switching profiles when i do 8mans
i seem to have run into a issue sometime with this module.

i have entered all my map ID's and profiles into the info files and everything seems to work most of the time but on occasion when the party leader switches to a new duty the rest will switch to the correct profile but they dont start the profile and sit at the entrance. im thinking it could be something along the line that when the bot is already turned on it doesnt active the profile after switching.
(01-15-2015, 11:26 AM)bandit420 Wrote: [ -> ]i seem to have run into a issue sometime with this module.

i have entered all my map ID's and profiles into the info files and everything seems to work most of the time but on occasion when the party leader switches to a new duty the rest will switch to the correct profile but they dont start the profile and sit at the entrance. im thinking it could be something along the line that when the bot is already turned on it doesnt active the profile after switching.

hmm, yet to face this problem. But i did force it to load the profile when switches. (Although I think this step is not required). Can you check if is always on the same dung?

The thing i can think of is duplicated mapID or Missing profile(i didnt foresee this last time, right now it just force changes at the profile, it doesnt check if ur profile exist ).

If you are running with ur Minion maybe u need to check on the duplicated id.
If you are running with others player is likely they had a missing profile. (it might not be missing profile, it might be a different profile name that doesnt reflect as the same name in switchmapsetting.) (Is really tricky to handle this unless we have someone to standardize all the profile)

However, i do know of an issue like others minion are teleporting ahead of others but it has nothing to do with this modules.
I have not used your add-on but maybe this causes issues?
What I noticed is that if your profile is reloaded in a duty it loses/resets who was assigned as the leader of the duty.
If you are using non-independent duty profiles it could mean that the leader is not set to the right person and all the bots sit and wait for a leader to move.
all my profiles are correct and everything, no duplicate ID's. it works for 90% of profiles but for some reason specific ones it just doesn't activate.

im not 100% sure but i think the problem may have to do with another issue i have noticed with not just this addon but the bot itself. with some profiles if you reload modules or re select the profile and hit start/stop it will start the profile from the beginning but for some reason some profiles wont do that. i have yet to figure out what causes this. i planned on asking around to see what may be the problem.

it does this to everyone in the party but the leader of course. all the other toons are running same profiles and same switch files, its really only a minor issue though since once you leave and re enter the duty the party members already have the correct profile selected and will start normally.

this is one example of it switching to the profile but not activating.
this is whats in the switch files
[387] = {
["mapID"] = 387;
["profileName"] = "1) 50_Sastasha_HM-H-";
};
and this is the profile im using.
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/4848...HM-H-.info
Pages: 1 2