MMOMinion

Full Version: 2015: New Year Content Wishlist
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Hello Everyone,

I want to start off by saying that I started using the bot this past August and I think its safe to say that while the learning curve and navigating the forums for information was a challenge at the start, the greatest problem with the bot is that, for what it costs it provides no pre-packaged content.

Content contributions from Latty, Sebbs, and Jackie have given many of us who were fortunate enough to download that content when it was available advancements in the game that would have otherwise not been possible without huge time investments.

There have been many posts in the past week which have placed misdirected anger unfairly at the aforementioned content providers for removing their work. Here are my thoughts:

1. Content Providers have every right to remove their work. It's unfortunate when it does happen, and it only harms those who haven't already downloaded the content.
  2. Content Providers should be compensated. However, I believe it is the responsibility of the bot's management to do this because it makes for a more valuable & competitive tool and the community is already paying for the tool.
    [**] I would like to mention that I've read in the forum that methods to compensate & incentivize content providers are in the works.

With that being said I think the community would benefit by having a centralized request list to direct content providers and let management gauge it's value/worth.

Please reply to this thread with your requests or contributions of working profiles and i'll edit this post to reflect your 2015 content requests.

Happy New Year!
they are working on a copensation thing and a way to protect user created stuff so it cant just be shared.
(01-02-2015, 12:39 AM)Cichard Wrote: [ -> ]they are working on a copensation thing and a way to protect user created stuff so it cant just be shared.

how would you prevent sharing? keys for profiles?
mmominion DLC incoming
(01-02-2015, 12:58 AM)onplanetmars Wrote: [ -> ]
(01-02-2015, 12:39 AM)Cichard Wrote: [ -> ]they are working on a copensation thing and a way to protect user created stuff so it cant just be shared.

Encrypted files most likely, so people cant just copy the code and pass it as their own.
(01-02-2015, 09:30 AM)rsilva712 Wrote: [ -> ]
(01-02-2015, 12:58 AM)onplanetmars Wrote: [ -> ]

Encrypted files most likely, so people cant just copy the code and pass it as their own.

yup this is exactly what would happen.
How you'll treat if someone makes a free version of paid addon/profile/mesh/whatever with similar/same functionality? Allow only the first one that popped to exist, allow the better one to exist, allow both to exist and compete?
Better combat movement would top my list of "wishes" for the bot. Being able to correctly move for positional attacks, and actually strafe, or run through mob rather than turning around to get out of aoe's for example. Outside of that, I think the tools are already in place, just not optimally used in some cases... albeit I haven't messed with crafting or gathering yet.

As I can make my own profiles, I really don't care if people want to charge for their own. I made quite a few class profiles (As user Khaos) under the Havoc paradigm for gw2minion. I got a lot of interest, but charging never crossed my mind. I did them for fun, because I enjoyed tweaking and maximizing. It was a lot more fun than actually playing that game, lol.
(01-02-2015, 06:22 PM)EonsTimE Wrote: [ -> ]How you'll treat if someone makes a free version of paid addon/profile/mesh/whatever with similar/same functionality? Allow only the first one that popped to exist, allow the better one to exist, allow both to exist and compete?

This concerned me also, some profiles really require collaboration to and if you lock down or make encryption mandatory it will stifle creativity. In the absence of a "cheat sheet" of code command I taught myself to write and edit profiles based on existing code. If we encrypt everything there will be no environment for creating new content providers. Also, I hope that you wouldn't restrict people availability to post free content that would compete against professional content.
(01-01-2015, 09:03 PM)onplanetmars Wrote: [ -> ]I want to start off by saying that I started using the bot this past August and I think its safe to say that while the learning curve and navigating the forums for information was a challenge at the start, the greatest problem with the bot is that, for what it costs it provides no pre-packaged content.

No pre-packaged content? Are you serious? Meshes, grind locations, gathering locations, fishing locations, default skill profiles for all classes, PVP/Grind/Gather/Questing/Crafting/Duty/Party logics. You do understand that these are all content right? You understand that thousands of hours go into the logic behind all the bases, including the profile building layouts/GUI editor to make it simple, etc.

By far, this is one of the most ridiculous complaints I've ever seen. We go far above what we have to do, and what any other bot does. Most other bots give you 0 content, you pay for the API, and any logic is written by the community, including meshes, modes, plugins, and everything else.
Pages: 1 2 3