MMOMinion

Full Version: Random game crashes
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I'm not sure when this started happening, I'd guess around 2.45 but since then the game randomly just closes anywhere from 15 minutes to an hour while running.

This problem only happens when Minion is attached, the game will run for 24 hours no problem without Minion running. It also happens regardless if Minion is active or not, a lot of the crashes happen when I'm just in town doing nothing.

Is there anyway I can troubleshoot what is causing this further ? (I've tried using a completely fresh and stock install of Minion)
did you check your computers power settings? turn off screen saver and turn power settings to never sleep, etc. Seems like it might be an idle state problem.
Kaspersky cause this for me.
(01-04-2015, 12:04 AM)onplanetmars Wrote: [ -> ]did you check your computers power settings? turn off screen saver and turn power settings to never sleep, etc. Seems like it might be an idle state problem.

It's not this as the game works perfectly otherwise, it's only running Minion when the game closes constantly.

(01-04-2015, 12:37 AM)Leon Wrote: [ -> ]Kaspersky cause this for me.

Yeah I could see this being an issue but I'm not running any Antivirus so I don't know what else could be interfering.
could be 3 things.

are you running more then one bot?
are you running the bot as admin(right click run as admin)
is the bot installed in C:\Minion
(01-04-2015, 04:05 AM)Cichard Wrote: [ -> ]could be 3 things.

Is it supposed to be started as admin and installed to C?

I got it on my desk. and just start it normally,

I always want to bot it while I'm at work but I notice when I'm gone it always crashes like 2 hours later and it won't restart.. making this completly useless when I'm not home.
yes... if you follow the install instructions it specificly says DO NOT INSTALL in a windows sub folder to install it in C:\. and it says to Right click and run as admin when you launch. Use the GUI_launcher to relaunch the game.

If you experience Problems or Crashes at any point or if the Minion-UI is not showing up in the game, read the following points.
Run FFXIV in windowed mode, not in fullscreen.
If you are running any other Antivirus software that is mentioned under point ,1.Requirements, of this guide: Some Antivirus tools pick Minion up as a false positive, this is because how Minion is working. It injects itself into a different process (the game), this behavior is often done by harmful software and therefore your 3rd party antivirus is blocking Minion, causing it to crash or stops it from working. You need to uninstall your 3rd Party Antivirus software and install the ones mentioned in point 1 of this Guide. You can also try to Disable your Antivirus or find a way to add Minion to the allowed software or adjust similiar settings to maybe make it work.
If you are still using WindowsXP and the Minion UI does not show up correctly, you need to place the Minion files in the same folder where the game executable file is.
Install Minion in a non-windows related folder, also not on your desktop. Install it in something like d:\Minion\
Reinstall the bot in a clean folder.
If you have problems with the Minion_Launcher, try deleting the LauncherSettings.bin file in your minion directory.
Make sure to enter your Keycode and Minion Forum Password without any blank spaces at the end or the beginning
i did all of the tips listed here, and it's still not working. what should i do next?
(01-05-2015, 02:13 PM)Illua Wrote: [ -> ]
(01-04-2015, 04:05 AM)Cichard Wrote: [ -> ]could be 3 things.

Is it supposed to be started as admin and installed to C?

I got it on my desk. and just start it normally,

I always want to bot it while I'm at work but I notice when I'm gone it always crashes like 2 hours later and it won't restart.. making this completly useless when I'm not home.

So, are you saying that you ignored the direction to install it to a non-user directory and aren't starting it as admin, and are surprised it's not working?
I'm only really using it for assist and crafting recently.

Memory usage for gui launcher is 17mb and the game at around 500mb when starting. After an hour the gui launcher was still at 17mb and the game at around 900mb, the game crashed/closed shortly after this but the memory usage was pretty much the same right before the crash.

Just to clarify again it happens even when the bot is not active, I can just be standing around in town or the housing district and it will just closed at random if the bot is attached (doesn't do it if it's not attached).
Pages: 1 2