MMOMinion

Full Version: Issues with shortcut/ctrl+ being stuck.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello!

I'm aware there are previous threads requesting a possible solution to have shortcuts removed or a simple toggle feature implemented to disable them for simple convenience sake. However, I've been having legitimate problems the past few days with the bot running a bit wild due to this feature.

After ctrl + right clicking to flag a position, namely for hunts, minion will behave as if ctrl is somehow stuck in the down position. Meaning anything I type will act as if it's ctrl + letter/number. I am quite active in hunts at the moment and I use minion to craft or gather in the interim between NM windows.
I've often had minion go haywire and begin to automatically queue for a duty, teleport, or run wild on its own depending on the type of status selected for the bot that might have been enabled while typing wsadf and such. Minion behaves as if ctrl is held down permanently once it happens. The only solution I've found to this is to forcefully close out the game and hope it does not reoccur.

I was hoping the ctrl+ right click feature for flagging a position on a map could be modified in game but unfortunately it does not seem to be an option.

I am running the bot as admin in c:\ and keep it up to date.
yes this is the result of your keyboards software. i bet you are using a logictech keyboard.
Negative, it's a Razer deathstalker expert. I should have anticipated this reply and mentioned it in my opening post. Seems it was brought up a couple of times in previous threads and even for them it seems an unlikely scenario for a simple ctrl + etc. I've had numerous keyboards and never seen a default of settings like that involving ctrl as it would interfere with default options offered in a plethora of programs.

I do not use any software for it whatsoever. Synapse or whatnot is crap.
Note to myself: dont get a logitech or razer keyboard
alot of keyboard software can interfere with the bot. My one computer has a logitech g510 and my other has a Razer anasi. the g510 has that issue with ctrl being "stuck" only when the logitech keyboard software is attached and running. i close that program out and the ctrl "stuck" doesnt happen.
In 100% of cases so far, it's been a keyboard software related issue, and confirmed as such, so I wouldn't say it's "unlikely" at all, since it has historically been 100% likely.
In razer's case, it could be something lower level, like the actual driver. There was some research done on the subject to see if it could be corrected in minion, but I don't believe that the fix was ever fully working or implemented.
I'm also having the same issue and I have no keyboard or mouse software running. My keyboard is a really old Dell keyboard from 10+ years back while my mouse is a Mionix Naos 8200. The problem seems to come and go and I'm not sure how to really reproduce it.
Hmm, it seems to happen far more when I'm in an 8man group doing stuff than when I'm in a 4man or solo, while the latter two it's a rare occurrence.
it could be then something resource usage with your computer, lagging to much maybe.

i mean i never get this so i doubt its a minion issue soley. like i said i dont get it unless i enable my keyboard software.
Hmm, that might be it. I'll start closing programs and see how it goes in next week's clear.

edit: for others having this issue, are you guys running ACT, the Guildworks app, or WTFast? Trying to narrow down the possible problem in case it's not a resource problem.