MMOMinion

Full Version: [Request] - Player detection to turn off hack
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hello

I wasn't entirely sure where to post this, but I figured i'd try here.

So I was thinking, perhaps the developers would like the idea to implement a function where the bot detects if a person is getting close to you.

If so, then at a certain distance all hacks will be disabled. I noticed that hunts (A & S rank) can be seen at really big distances if you are using the radar, I figured perhaps there can be a use for this and prevent people who are botting and afk, get a heads up of whats going on in game.

Something like a sound going off to let you know

Quote:"hey there is someone getting close to your current position, be careful!"

Obviously not having to say that, just a sound or some type of alert.

Since the radar can check other players position as well as their distance from you, I don't think it would be entirely dificult to implement a function where a sound goes off when someone enters a predetermined perimeter and disables automatically your hacks or simply plays a sound!

I think this would be a really really useful function for the bot, I'm pretty sure not all of us use a bot on a new account with nothing to lose. From what I've read on the forums, there are a lot of people who use this for their main accounts.

I strongly believe this will allow such people more peace of mind when using a bot. Needless to say regardless of whether there is an alert system or not, one is responsible for the use of this bot and should at all times be aware of its consequences!

As far as I can see, the max distance that are display are as follow:
  • Nodes: 116
  • Player: 112
  • Battle NPC: 126
  • Event NPC: 118
  • Event Object: 122
  • Aetheryte: 201

At least what I noticed on MY radar, so perhaps to allow players a safe distance of 130-140 until an alarm goes off that a player is within proximity of you and can potentially notice you!

[Image: mjtjid.png]

Of course, here is where a different variable comes into play!

As far as I know, the Display Limits setting in your System Configuration allows you to set a range in which things will start to appear on your own screen (mostly noticeable in main towns), as characters can be seen from really far away or from a relatively close distance.

So you really can't determine at which distance another player could see you from, thus it would be safe to counter this by setting the perimeter radius to the furthest distance an object is rendered at for a client. From what I can see, 120-130 seems to be a normal distance before a player can be seen from afar.

Note that I've only tested this myself on my client with Maximum setting on Display Limits.

Anyways thats it from me, want to know what you guys think of it and if it would be a viable possibility for a future update from the developers Expect
the bot wont teleport if there are other players near by. But other then that they cant tell if your hacking anything else.
(01-13-2015, 04:23 PM)Cichard Wrote: [ -> ]the bot wont teleport if there are other players near by. But other then that they cant tell if your hacking anything else.

You mean that as of now the bot does not teleport while gathering if there is a player nearby? I wasn't aware of this, perhaps I didn't want to try it out just to be safe! Awkward

What's the distance in which the bot will stop teleport if another player is near?

Because I've seen some people using bots foolishly teleporting whilst another person is standing literally next to them
im not sure the distance but yeah ace added something in a while back. just cause you see people TPing gathering doesnt mean they are using this bot. There are tons of crappy chinese bots that can ONLY TP to each node.
(01-13-2015, 06:25 PM)Cichard Wrote: [ -> ]im not sure the distance but yeah ace added something in a while back. just cause you see people TPing gathering doesnt mean they are using this bot. There are tons of crappy chinese bots that can ONLY TP to each node.

I see, that's very useful information I was not aware of. ThumbsUp

Well I have some bad news.

I'm not entirely sure if there's something you have to enable or configure for doing what you mentioned ace added.

I just tried it out and the results were very bad.

[Image: f0cf4o.png]

That's me gathering a node near a FATE where there is a person doing the FATE at a distance of 48 (Pretty much visible and very evident the person is there at such distance, its practically next to you). If you notice there is another node further behind that person at a distance of 55 (luckily it didn't teleport me there).

Now once the node was finished, it teleported me here:

[Image: ztdeo1.png]

I turned the bot off at this point because I didn't really expect to be teleported based on what you mentioned, specially since the player was very close to me.

Anyways, I was teleported a distance of 11 away from where I was on the previous node. Even at that distance, you can clearly distinguish if a person is teleporting or not.

Even if the range on which the teleport hack stops working (if it even does), since it did not work at a distance of 48 away from a player, it's safe to say that if a node happens to be close to a player (over 50 distance away) and I teleport to it, would look rather suspisious.

In the end I think what most of us would like, is to raise as little suspicious behavior as possible.

Again, I am not aware if there is something that needs to be configured to prevent the teleport hack if a player is nearby based on what you said Ace had implemented.
In 2.0 (coming soonish) Ace & Team added a "Paranoid" feature where it's not teleporting when Player within 50y are around.
Maybe it's this what Cichard meant.

In 1.0 this feature is only working with FATE farming AFAIK where it does not port when Player are around 50y.
ah i wasnt sure that it was just fate or not. because no one really gathers anymore. honestly its a bot if you dont want to get banned dont bot, but teleporting vs running from each node. its not going to be a TON of differents in units per hour. You might as well not enable Teleporting if you are that worried about it.
(01-13-2015, 09:42 PM)Cichard Wrote: [ -> ]ah i wasnt sure that it was just fate or not. because no one really gathers anymore. honestly its a bot if you dont want to get banned dont bot, but teleporting vs running from each node. its not going to be a TON of differents in units per hour. You might as well not enable Teleporting if you are that worried about it.

I personally do not use hacks from the bot, the fact that it can gather for me automatically is more than enough, not to mention I'm always present whilst using it.

This is an idea I figured some people would like who aren't as cautious as myself and others Snicker

(01-13-2015, 09:37 PM)Leon Wrote: [ -> ]In 2.0 (coming soonish) Ace & Team added a "Paranoid" feature where it's not teleporting when Player within 50y are around.
Maybe it's this what Cichard meant.

In 1.0 this feature is only working with FATE farming AFAIK where it does not port when Player are around 50y.

I'm looking forward to this Expect
I added in a PC check to the gathering teleport code - the bot still bugged every once in a while because it would teleport right on top of a node - if the node is in the middle of 4 trees (La Noscea) then a PC came in range you couldn't get out of the trees. Even the Unstuck option didn't help. Got me 2 reports over a week :(

Just sayin, test thoroughly..
just dont TP in open world no matter what is a bad idea. I wouldnt do it ever.
Pages: 1 2