MMOMinion

Full Version: BLM best dps for everything??
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
New here and i've been reading around that people prefer 8x BLM for farming the 8x raid dungeons.

However, awhile ago it was said that Bards were better DPS. Did this change? Bards are also pretty mobile at their dps rather than having really long cast times for their spells?

You guys haven't run into any issues using BLM for any scenario??

Cheers Cutesmile
As they dont move mobility isnt an issue.

Shorter fights single target bards are comparable.

Aoe and long fights Blm beat bard due to resources available.
The reason we use to use bards was for gathering up the mobs now we have longer profiles need blms for sustained fights
Hmm, ok thanks for the clear answers :)!

Now i just need to find a way to level my guys in a decent way. The Fatebot appears to have a bit of trouble sometimes.

The blacklist manager doesn't contain the fates I actually want to blacklist for a zone.

There doesn't seem to be a way to tell the Fatebot NOT to engage "Boss" Fates unless it gets to a certain % (with another bot i'd tell it to only start running to a boss Fate when it got up to 5% completion as soloing boss Fates generally is impossible for caster/ranged/dps classes).

There doesn't appear to be a clear way to tell the bot a spot to go back to (prefer it running back to the Aetherite I teleported to in the beginning) when there are no fates running.

Any ideas how to fix these issues offhand without diving too deep into learning the LUA code for this bot :o? I did get a custom Task done for teleporting to a specific zone at a specific level range, but that's about it so far.

I did read something about people saying Dungeons, aka: Duties, are the best method. However, is that with x4 BLM, or is that with a proper group of tank, 2xDPS, and Healer?
The bot can do everything that you just spoke about, but if you have access to 4 accound, 4 blms leveling via duty will be much faster.

blacklist manager should show all fates in memory in that zone, you can just blacklist the ones you dont want. You can set a "wain until %" under fates before it jumps in, but this applies to all fates, not just boss fates. and the "go back" spot is the evac setting that you can set in the bot. No learning lua needed. Might want to look at the bot guides again.
(01-14-2015, 06:57 AM)ThatAngryGuy Wrote: [ -> ]Hmm, ok thanks for the clear answers :)!

Now i just need to find a way to level my guys in a decent way. The Fatebot appears to have a bit of trouble sometimes.

The blacklist manager doesn't contain the fates I actually want to blacklist for a zone.

There doesn't seem to be a way to tell the Fatebot NOT to engage "Boss" Fates unless it gets to a certain % (with another bot i'd tell it to only start running to a boss Fate when it got up to 5% completion as soloing boss Fates generally is impossible for caster/ranged/dps classes).

There doesn't appear to be a clear way to tell the bot a spot to go back to (prefer it running back to the Aetherite I teleported to in the beginning) when there are no fates running.

Any ideas how to fix these issues offhand without diving too deep into learning the LUA code for this bot :o? I did get a custom Task done for teleporting to a specific zone at a specific level range, but that's about it so far.

I did read something about people saying Dungeons, aka: Duties, are the best method. However, is that with x4 BLM, or is that with a proper group of tank, 2xDPS, and Healer?

When in grind mode go to the fate settings in the main window. You can set the % to join at. I set mine to 1%.

Evac point sets the position you run back to when idle. Also in the main window.

Tanks are not needed in most duties with this bot. Try one and you will see why.
Not sure how well others do, but I levelled 4 x BLM from scratch (new accounts/characters) 1-50 in 2 days.

1-15 Uldah Quest Mode
1-15 Archer Quest Mode
15-50 Duties (4 x Thurmatauge)
@ 30 Done their job quests

Then spent an extra couple of days with their story quests etc. At this point they could easily farm LCOA for about 25-30k p/h

But as i mainly use the bots for personal use (i.e farming poetics/gear etc), i then manually done the story on all of them from 50 to Shiva Extreme which took me an extra few days, the big hold up for me was getting past the extreme primals - but now we have automatic duties for most of those so it would be much easier/faster now.

Within about a week they were all iLvl 110
Neat :'). Wasn't expecting replies this late at night for me haha xD!

Thanks for the input about the Evac spots! I had figured they were teleport evac locations for emergency fleas. I unfortunately cannot set them as, well, i'm using TM to take me from zone to zone, so i'd have to code a TM task to set the evac point after each teleport :(, not sure how to do that.

As for 15-50 for duties im having a hard time figuring out how to get this started. Should i just use the duty task profile from the TaskManager thread?? Not seeing a tutorial/guide on "leveling 15-50 with duties" :P!

I did read the full thread on setting up Duties, but it doesn't say anything about having to see someone as leader, any specific group settings, etc. Will the bot handle healing?? I have Cure on my low level bots atm as a cross-skill from Whm, but they're not using it to heal each other :'(

[Edit]: That's another thing. I can't believe no one has shared a main-story quest profile yet. With all the countless people asking for one I don't believe there isn't one that works out there, it just hasn't been shared it seems??

How might i go about coding this by hand myself on one toon so i can use it to easily do the main-story on the rest of my toons? Any examples I can look at? Someone said it was "Easy", but I consider C++ "Easier" than C# since you can manage resource allocation better ^-^, so everything is relative. (I plan to have 8xBLM end-game plan).
Cure is a skill profile so it needs to be set up right or it wont use a skill.

Check the skill profile forum for some.

Set your evac points once per zone. Teleport manually to each zone set evac. Done.

I have a duty lvling pack on page 10 of the taskmaster forum to make it easier for you.

make you lowest lvl char the leader.

the main story is being rewritten in quest 2.0 atm. Even if it was shared it would be useless in couple of weeks.

Other people have shared some work check the quest forum.
(01-14-2015, 07:56 AM)sebbs Wrote: [ -> ]Cure is a skill profile so it needs to be set up right or it wont use a skill.

Check the skill profile forum for some.

Set your evac points once per zone. Teleport manually to each zone set evac. Done.

I have a duty lvling pack on page 10 of the taskmaster forum to make it easier for you.

make you lowest lvl char the leader.

the main story is being rewritten in quest 2.0 atm. Even if it was shared it would be useless in couple of weeks.

Other people have shared some work check the quest forum.

Going out of your way to help, +Rep Cutesmile!

I already have 2 BLM from when i used to multibox @ launch. Is there any way to force them to follow my lowest level "leader" into a specific duty using that duty lvling pack, or do I have to manually set them for each individual level range duty to get the high levels to go in? I assume the leader picks the dungeon and the rest just accept/assist/tp/etc, but i want to make sure :)!

Cheers Happy
Pages: 1 2 3