MMOMinion

Full Version: Tutorial: Legendary Fishing Overnight
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello all, so lately I've been trying to get into fishing some legendary fish... and looking through the forums I've noticed some very useful tools that can help you achieve this goal. Needless to say I've also seen a lot of people asking for the same thing over and over again, as well as wanting a fully functional bot that does absolutely everything for them...

As Ace mentioned

(12-30-2014, 03:54 PM)Ace Wrote: [ -> ]There's no like, "legendary auto-fish mode", or anything

That being said, there are some nice tools at our disposal that can help us try and get our legendary fish overnight.

Step One
As far as I know you can only fish in one map using the bot. There is no way to teleport map and start fishing on a different map.

In other words, pick just one map.

Edit:
This might change soon! earisu is working on a TaskManager which allows the bot to teleport form map to map and gather in each according to how you set it up.

I have not personally tried it out, but it can definately help towards achieving a "legendary auto-fish mode".

Check it out here at [Release] TaskManager - Updated [2015-01-13]

Step Two
Knowing that you will be fishing in one map alone, you'll have to determine 2 characteristics of your legendary fish
  • 24 hour based (Weather condition ONLY)
  • Specific Hour based (Weather AND Hour conditions)

You can figure this out by using http://en.ff14angler.com/timetable.php/

[Image: 15dl9g1.png]
**This image has been altered/cropped/chopped/cut/pasted/punched and kicked... you will not see the table exactly like this one if you put same settings as shown in the picture.**

Play around with it and you will understand it, it's really easy to figure out

Step Three
24 Hour Based
If the legendary fish you wish to catch while you sleep in your Domo pajamas is a weather based fish that can spawn 24/7 but requires the proper weather.

This is the easy one!

Simply make TWO markers in DIFFERENT fishing holes. One set to 1620 and the other set to 180.

This is an example I made for Silver Sovereign and Mahi-Mahi in order to work on CUL desynth, based off on bandit420's suggestion.

Set Config (will spend 57 minutes here)
[Image: 6rsn15.png]

Reset Config (will go fish here to reset main marker so you wont get "fish sense something amiss" or wtvr, for 3 minutes)
[Image: 2r6ckfl.png]

IMPORTANT NOTE
Be sure that your Marker Mode is set to Marker List, and that under your Marker List you only display these two markers.

This will allow the bot to cycle to these two markers every hour!

Specific Hour Based
If the legendary fish you wish to catch while you dream of a zombie apocalypse where you make Costco your main fort as it has everything... is based on a specific hour frame but also requires the proper weather.

This one might be a little trickier as it requires you to fish at only a specific time frame... but thankfully drewlt wrote a code that can help us out here (click here to see the post)

Instructions are as follows:
  1. Download attachment
  2. Change file extension from .txt to .lua
  3. Go to ...\FFXIV_Updater\LuaMods\ffxivminion
  4. Find the file named "ffxiv_task_fish.lua" and make a backup
  5. Replace it with the downloaded attachment
  6. If bot is already running in game, ReLoad Lua Modules (Ctrl+L)
  7. As a fisher, look at main window, under "Settings" there will be a 3rd option now displaying "Target" and an input field. In the input field type the name of the fish (correctly) that you want to catch. You can even add "(HQ)" at the end of the name to only catch the HQ version. EVERYTHING else will be "Release"d

(01-16-2015, 08:29 PM)drewlt Wrote: [ -> ]Here's a replacement for ffxiv_task_fish.lua that let's you target a single fish.
Rename .lua and put in LuaModss\ffxivminion\ - backup old file - updater will overwrite this if you run it or have it auto-update.
Do a diff on the code to see what I added.
I did a last-minute code change before posting here, could have broken it - let me know or I'll get to it and repost.

Adds a GUI element for the fish you want - add " (HQ)" on the end (minus the quotes) if you only want to target HQ.
Will release fish not matching that one fish.

Could be buggy - just built this yesterday night.

:)

Now the reason I suggest using this module is because many people dislike getting all those trash fish that fill up inventory, or they simply don't have enough room (Why? IDK) in their inventory and would like only to catch that ONE fish.

Sadly at the moment this module will allow you to catch ONLY ONE fish (the fish whose name is typed into the Target field). drewlt is currently working on making some adjustments to this so please look forward to it!

Please remember that you don't have to use this module! It is merely an option for fishing overnight to get ONE fish and get rid of all the trash! Be noted that NQ is by obvious reason easier and more common than HQ.

Alright so now we have a tool that can help us with this Specific Hour Based Legendary Fish ... or SHBLF for short.

What you will want to do next is similar to what I mentioned in the 24 Hour Based section, however you will have to play with the Times for the waymarkers now in a more astute manner.

The idea is to have your bot coincidentally be fishing at the proper hole at the proper Eorzean hour every Eorzean day, for the entirety of the time frame for your legendary fish.

How do we do that?

Simple:

1. Pick ONE legendary fish
  2. Head over to http://en.ff14angler.com/timetable.php/ and look at the time frame that fish spawns at.
  3. Head over to http://ffxiv.gamerescape.com/wiki/Time where it will show you a table of conversions from Eorzean time to Earth Time.
  4. Search your room for your favorite calculator if you are an analog kinda guy/girl or simply open the Calculator in your computer and get ready to do some quantum mechanics.

Let me show you an example:

I'm going to pick Cupfish because he is too adorable.

Now looking at the timetable at ff14angler.com I can see that it can spawn at 17:00-19:00 Eorzean Time AND also at 21:00 Eorzean Time.

Great! Now next step is to see how much time each Eorzean Hour is... so I'll go now into gamerescape and check the Eorzean Time Units and Conversions

So it says that each Eorzean Hour is equivalent to 2 minutes and 55 seconds... Lets convert that into seconds only *beep* *boop* *beep* it equals 175 seconds! Great! So now I know that for the time frame of 17:00 to 19:00 (2 Eorzean Hours) it will equal.... *beep* *boop* *beep* 350 seconds of fishing!

Now the timetable says there is a gap of 2 Eorzean Hours until you can try and catch it again... well we already know that 2 Eorzean Hours is 350 seconds.

So lastly for the time frame of 21:00-22:00 Eorzean Time that you can fish again to try and get the cute Cupfish it will be 175 seconds.

Also consider how much time will go by from the moment you finish (in this case 22:00 ET) until the moment you should start fishing for that legendary fish again (17:00 ET). In other words, from 22:00 ET until 17:00 ET there are 19 Eorzean Hours, which equals to *beep* *boop* *beep* 3325 seconds.

So we have the following times to consider:
  • 17:00-19:00 ET - FISH - 350 seconds
  • 19:00-21:00 ET - FREE - 350seconds
  • 21:00-22:00 ET - FISH - 175seconds
  • 22:00-17:00 ET - FREE - 3325seconds

Now these are the times (in earth seconds) you will want to keep in mind when configuring your marker times.

IMPORTANT NOTE
There are a LOT of different ways you can go about doing this! I will simply share the one I find less messy.

Alright so first I'm going to configure the marker for the times the fish IS available in the fishing hole.
Since the time spam of from the first time to the 2nd time it's available is really not that long, it will be convenient to just have the bot fish in that 5 hour period as you will most definately not get the "fish sense a disturbance in the force" wtvr thing.

[Image: ipxwr6.png]

Notice in the Fish window that I specify:
  • Target as Cupfish (Could be "Cupfish (HQ)" ... I'll comment on this at the end of post)
Notice on Edit Marker window that I specify:
  • Time (s) as 1000 <-- Reason I placed 1000 here instead of 875 (which is the total time elapsed from 17:00-22:00ET) is to keep the markers with nice even numbers as much as I can.
  • Min Level as 1
  • Max Level as 50
  • Bait Name as Syrphid Basket

Now I will place a second marker over at my next closest fishing hole

[Image: 14bm6g9.png]

Notice on Edit Marker window that I specify:
  • Time (s) as xxxx <-- Reason I placed xxxx here is because you need to configure this according to your specific scenario.
  • Min Level as 1
  • Max Level as 50
  • Bait Name as Floating Minnow <--- Don't want to waist bait

This is just to reset your counter should you leave the bot running a LOOONG time.

Now ideally with the tools we currently have, you would want to keep your bot in this spot until your next time frame for legendary fish is up.

I don't really feel like doing some calculations on how much time it takes me to travel from one fishing hole to the next and how much time you want to be in the hole before your legendary fish spawns and after it stops spawning.

In other words, use your head and do simple math based on your unique scenario and legendary fish and holes and etc...

Remember that one Eorzean day is 70 minutes! So for this particular example, my fish has a time frame of 875 seconds in which I want to spend catching it... the rest of the Eorzean day is free time to waste for the bot (3325 seconds).

So knowing this you will have to take into account how much time it takes your bot to travel from point A to point B, how much extra time would you like to give your bot to be at the proper fishing hole before the legendary fish spawns and after.

Code:
Now, I previous I said I would comment on:

Notice in the Fish window that I specify:
[*]"Target as Cupfish (Could be "Cupfish (HQ)" ... I'll comment on this at the end of post)"

The reason why, is that sadly the tool I mentioned that enables you to only catch ONE specific fish... will sadly only let you catch that one fish as NQ or HQ... but NOT BOTH.

Yes you cannot get both! That is why I've mentioned the use of this module as optional! Needless to say, work is being done to enable multiple fish into the Target input for the module, this will evidently enable mooching for even thougher Legendary Fish!

So if your legendary fish happens to come out at HQ... it will throw it back into the water sadly lolol. I currently don't know if this will still count towards your achievement, I'm pretty sure it will, but I just know you will not have it in your inventory :snicker:

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ This has been fixed in the attachment, it will now allow you to catch various fish that you input (HQ also), everything else you don't want will be Released!

I didn't comment much on the weather variable... because well atm there isn't a proper tool to help the bot know if the fish will be available or not during its time frame with the proper weather. But fear not! Miter is currently working on a tool to help with this, atm the tool correctly connects to http://en.ff14angler.com/skywatcher/ to check weather conditions and displays what Big Fish are available at the moment! It's really cool, I'll post link below!

Step Four

Syntax explanation on Fish Module:

(01-18-2015, 05:23 PM)saikai90 Wrote: [ -> ]
(01-18-2015, 04:14 PM)drewlt Wrote: [ -> ]Updated ffxiv_task_fish.v3.txt
in original post
:)

I've done some testing and these are my observations for the syntax you have to use in order for this to work:

Name of fish
So far, in the few tries I've done, you have to properly write the name of the fish:
  • Moraby Flounder NOT moraby flounder OR Moraby flounder

Multiple fish
To enable catching multiple fish:
  • Moraby Flounder,Lominsan Anchovy NOT Moraby Flounder, Lominsan Anchovy
**Separate fish names by a comma and do NOT add a space after the comma

HQ Fish name
For HQ syntax on fish:
  • Moraby Flounder (HQ) NOT Moraby Flounder(HQ) OR Moraby Flounder HQ OR Moraby Flounder hq

Example
Here is the example I used to test it out and it worked perfectly!
[Image: 10z48ep.png]

With the bait I was using you could only catch Lominsan Anchovy, Vongola Clam and Moraby Flounder, in the fish I selected to allow the bot to catch the only one missing is the NQ Lominsan Anchovy. As you can see in the image, it's the only thing the bot automatically Released!

Code:
Vongola Clam (HQ),Lominsan Anchovy (HQ),Moraby Flounder (HQ),Moraby Flounder,Vongola Clam

IMPORTANT NOTE
I found that if you want to update the list of fish you want the bot to catch, you will have to do the following:
  1. Stop the bot
  2. ReLoad Lua Modules (Ctrl+L)
  3. Enter in Target field the fish you wish to catch (With proper syntax)
  4. Enable Target Fish
  5. Run bot

Also I would like to point out that in order to know how to properly spell the names of the fish, go with a CAPITAL letter at the start of each word in the fish's name. Do not go by what you see in your FFXIV ARR chat box, as at times it's not properly spelled, for example:

In chat box, it will display Lominsan anchovy ... when it should be Lominsan Anchovy

Note that I have not tested ALL the fish out there, but my guess is that each word starts with a CAPITAL letter.

Amazing job on the script!

Step Five

Wake up to see your Legendary fish in your inventory........ hopefully Awkward

Currently there are two good tools being worked on (as I previously mentioned) to help fishers all over Eorzea, please check them out and give the developers some feedback on their great jobs! ThumbsUp

Happy Fishing! Superman

Edit:
  • Attachment updated!
  • Multiple fish function added

• Improved fish module added in attachment by drewlt
  • Allows you to catch multiple fish defined by user, rest will be returned
  • Included Synatx instructions for Fish Module

This site combines weather and time and the ability to hide what you already caught :)

http://ffxivfisher.appspot.com/
I'm surprised this topic didn't get more traction, it's incredibly descriptive! Thank you so much!