MMOMinion

Full Version: Theory [Assist] for frontlines
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Not sure if some of you knows but basically Cichard has some profiles in his duty profile folder for stuff like
Castrum Meridianum and Preatorium which basically allows your character to follow the leader in the duty.

Was wondering if this can be done for frontlines thus having our character follow the leader or if possible healer that way it would seem more legit than having to use the pvp function and it having to go to a random marker instead of with the party.

Tried doing this by editing the existing Assist profiles and change the mapid to that of frontlines
as well as the startPos but once i got into frontlines i'd get dc'ed everytime.

was wondering if anyone of you would have any success in doing something similar.
(01-20-2015, 04:20 AM)hamison Wrote: [ -> ]Not sure if some of you knows but basically Cichard has some profiles in his duty profile folder for stuff like
Castrum Meridianum and Preatorium which basically allows your character to follow the leader in the duty.

Was wondering if this can be done for frontlines thus having our character follow the leader or if possible healer that way it would seem more legit than having to use the pvp function and it having to go to a random marker instead of with the party.

Tried doing this by editing the existing Assist profiles and change the mapid to that of frontlines

was wondering if anyone of you would have any success in doing something similar.

NEVER use a bot in PVP. That is a huge nono and will get you banned so fast it won't even be funny.

Only use ISBoxer, and if you can't get that to work properly then give up on it. PVP is one of the few places GMs go hog-wild due to the active community nature of it (using bots vs players rather than vs environment where it really affects no one).
(01-20-2015, 11:17 AM)ThatAngryGuy Wrote: [ -> ]
(01-20-2015, 04:20 AM)hamison Wrote: [ -> ]Not sure if some of you knows but basically Cichard has some profiles in his duty profile folder for stuff like

NEVER use a bot in PVP. That is a huge nono and will get you banned so fast it won't even be funny.

Only use ISBoxer, and if you can't get that to work properly then give up on it. PVP is one of the few places GMs go hog-wild due to the active community nature of it (using bots vs players rather than vs environment where it really affects no one).

ignore this guy i've used pvp mode and ran frontlines for so many people, and my self for days on end never been banned. ofc there is a risk in botting any mode that other players can see you. But to say the GMS go "hog-wild" is an over exaggeration. What you are looking for sure is Party grind. You dont need duty mode and a assist profile. Just load the mesh for front lines and use party mode. then the other bots will follow the leader.
hmm what about instances where you wanna queue it solo?
(01-20-2015, 01:44 PM)Cichard Wrote: [ -> ]
(01-20-2015, 11:17 AM)ThatAngryGuy Wrote: [ -> ]

ignore this guy i've used pvp mode and ran frontlines for so many people, and my self for days on end never been banned. ofc there is a risk in botting any mode that other players can see you. But to say the GMS go "hog-wild" is an over exaggeration. What you are looking for sure is Party grind. You dont need duty mode and a assist profile. Just load the mesh for front lines and use party mode. then the other bots will follow the leader.

In any game where pvp is involved GMs are normally given incentives to watch over PVP moreso than normal pve gameplay because if someone encounters a hacker the PR can be a nightmare.

This is what happened in WoW, RIFT, and GW2. People started botting in PVP that kicked off a huge anti-botting campaign that made huge waves of GMs hunting for bots in pvp zones.

Like I said, it is generally BAD PRACTICE to bot in pvp. It's simply a bad idea all around.

Bots don't move/react naturally enough yet to be mistaken for a real player. Happy
the just use pvp mode......

and ffxiv isnt in that list. I've botten tons of frontline. Like crazy amounts like week non stop 24/7 on many bots. No bans ever. the ban rate in ffxiv is retarted low.