MMOMinion

Full Version: Feature Request - Information Logger
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I just thought up this idea.

I'm not the best when it comes to Lua Programming, but if you guys want I could build the web-app for this idea in Ruby on Rails.

Idea: Create a Lua Module that logs all the information of gathering, mob item drops, etc.

So while you're playing the game, if something new that hasn't been recorded in this online database then it would be updated with information like what mob, location, etc.

What do you guys think?
Are you thinking something that would pull down a database of known nodes/items and submit something back out if it encounters an unknown value?

I mean, it would be an interesting idea, but nodes you set a marker in the general area, and when gathering you use the position or name of the item to gather.

What sort of use would you envision this having?
I'd say this would have a clean database with 0 entries in the beginning.

Then it would just start adding information from what it would collect.

So then you would know on `this` map, at `this` location, where `this` rare item can be found.

It would record all the information that FFXIVMinion can already provide about the current item you've acquired.
Gonna pull in a quick "this could be of this use".

Since we're in the Minion Forums, I'll keep it specific to minion.

Unspoiled Nodes:

Database entry's : Name, Gathering needed, ET Starting/Earliest encountered calculated down to lower full hour, SlotNr & ItemName, Position (XYZH) & MapID
Minion's Unspoiled Node : if Players Gathering > Gathering needed -> List name with checkbox, list ItemName & SlotNr and let player decide what to gather and which profile. If checked goto Node @ ET.

This would come with a then inbuilt function to keep Unspoiled Nodes easily up-to-date with the least amount of user Interaction.

Grind : Fates : List Min&Max lvl values of FATEs in a specific Area with their Names. List #of Deaths per Fate spawn. Put in a leveling mode where IF playerlvl = fatelevel +-3 of that area -> teleport there, attach to aetheryte and farm. Blacklist fates with playerdeads > 10 per spawn (bossfates, cancer for example)
Atma farm shall stay as-is.
Item farming : List what MobID at which POS drops which item frequently, let player use a dropdown menu/tickbox menu to select which items to farm for his current area. Farm MobID's at their POS's.

Thats just some of the possibility's. Another thing would be going hand-in-hand with ff14angler.com pulling weather informations and then automatically fishing Big Fish.
The fates would be an amazing idea actually...(specifically to possibly get a near automatic blacklist going)

The unspoiled nodes are also a great idea. We'd likely want to group those so that you function off of an approximate marker as opposed to the node location (that way you don't have 5-6 entries for each item, just one that will take you to the area and find it, similar to how markers do currently.

I would be hesitant on the regular item grinding (because that cause more than a few people to end up all in the same spot waiting for X spawn), but if it could be put on a rotation of markers it wouldn't be bad, you'd have to figure out if you're being crowded out then move to the next mark on the list for the time.....

And we wouldn't even need the angler site. Azure Betta(IIRC) from XI did pretty much the same thing via user catches to identify fish.

Which would be the best place to start in your opinion saik? (I'm thinking either fates or unspoiled nodes honestly, just to see if I could do a simple poc since I usually work with unibasic/u2 it's more adjusting to the environment than anything...)

Also, what db would be best for this? I do absolutely nothing webscale, so I'm kind of lost where to gun at there.
Can't put as much input into specific parts actually.

Even tho I assume the "easiest" part to start off needing the least Database space would be Unspoiled's since you will only need 1 entry to get it done, Instead of Fate grinding where you would need a dozen's of entry's to cut out fate's completely.

For the database, I assume a simple MySQL should fit? Don't know alot for DB's actually.

May aswell learn LUA if I wouldn't have profiles to reword for that new SkillManager update :D But you may ask ace for some assistance as he did the Unspoiled Node's
(01-27-2015, 10:19 AM)saik1992 Wrote: [ -> ]Can't put as much input into specific parts actually.

Even tho I assume the "easiest" part to start off needing the least Database space would be Unspoiled's since you will only need 1 entry to get it done, Instead of Fate grinding where you would need a dozen's of entry's to cut out fate's completely.

For the database, I assume a simple MySQL should fit? Don't know alot for DB's actually.

May aswell learn LUA if I wouldn't have profiles to reword for that new SkillManager update :D But you may ask ace for some assistance as he did the Unspoiled Node's

Yeah, I'd be tempted to work on this some time this coming week if I have time to get a poc rolling....of course if I can get an external db working, I'm betting I could get an SMS relay working like I used for FFXI.

Or even better yet if I could figure out a way to get google hangouts to work.....
Like I said before,

I could build this web interface, I work as a web developer in my day job. I'd love to help you with this.

Don't use MySQL. It's really not great and has a lot of problems preforming at scale.

I'd recommend Postgres. I can build a web API for anything you'll need.