MMOMinion

Full Version: Open Word Teleport for Questing
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Damn it posted in the wrong forums and I cannot delete this.. SORRY!

"Just curious how many of you do this? I ran a few quests last night with it on. I mean it really looks like you either just logged in or logged out. I can see if people see you jumping from fate to fate or jumping to and from a hunt. As for questing what do you think the risk of reporting is? It is soooo much faster to open world teleport the quests and much easier.

Zero"
I personally very rarely use this, I worry that people will see me disappear or main thing "Reappear" Cause I can't see who's there.

As for ease, I always use the Bot to run me there on my chocobo. While it's not as fast. It makes it so I don't have to navigate my way there myself.
Someone has to see you tp twice to be super definitive about if you tp'd. Maybe you just logged in, rendered late on their screen, they werent paying attention. When teleporting manually i'll aim to appear behind things / in a house adjacent to my target

during these last 3 or 4 big ban waves I have open world teleported 8 bots from lv 1 - to current story
The thing about rendering other players in FF14 is that they "phase" in and our of your view "frustum" when they go in or out of range. This means you'll never be able to tell when someone teleports unless you you're are teleporting around.

For Fates? Simply don't do it as there are some full time FATE runners who do it legit for grinding atmas, w/e, and will take notice that you're always #1 at every fate.

For Questing? I do it all the time for every character, all the time. Since they don't use authoritative player movement outside of pvp there's no point not to. Hell I know someone who's been teleporting around since launch and still has all his accounts.

For general traveling? Sure, long as you're not grouped.

NEVER TELEPORT WHEN IN A GROUP OR ON HUNTS!