MMOMinion

Full Version: New Permaswiftcast Option?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Just wondering if it actually works, is all.

I've tried it out on BLM and I may be lagging, but it still seems like it has a cast time.

I haven't tried it on heals yet, but I just wanted to know people's experience with it so far.

UPDATE:

Tried it on as healer spamming/timing Protect and Stoneskin 2. Yeah, it doesn't seem to work. The animation is instant, but the appearance of the two buffs is in sync with the cast times still.
This has be talked about a 100 times it doesnt work its only client side it just removes the cast bar. But people REFUSE to belive that and think its actually works. SOOO we added it in.
Yeah sorry, I knew before it was just an animation thing but since you guys added a new toggle for it I thought a way was found to make it work officially.

In my opinion, it's a little misleading, since it's in, it looks even more official and may cause more griping in the future because of a fake button. Just a thought.
The effect of a placebo will always be somewhat debatable. :)
when I saw it added under the hacks I ran to the nearest mob and tried to flare running in circles. Should have waited until april fools to patch that in imo :p
If this does work though, I still dont think its viable; I refuse to believe someone is unwise enough to not notice that your character has been skipping its cast time

Its as if you put "Im a bot" sign on your forehead, just too risky
This is client side only. NO ONE else sees you have no animation. There is no benefit to this, it does nothing that enhances play.
if you are in party, can your party members see that your swiftcast is permanently on?
no and there is no real reason to use it. Its only client side and has no effect on dps or healing increase.