MMOMinion

Full Version: Crashing FFXIV client since 2.5 update (reproducible)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
* Windows 8.1 x86_64, fresh install.
* No overlays installed, no Nvidia Geforce experience, no other software running except for Logitech headphone software (for surround sound).
* Fresh install of client using FFXIV_Updater downloaded from the website, auto-updates enabled
* Install of Windows 8.1 is clean, no extra software other than what is mentioned above. All normal updates installed.
* Geforce driver 347.25
* Borderless Window mode, 1920x1080

I started experiencing crashing when using the Windows 10 Technical Preview. I removed Windows 10 and reverted to Windows 8.1 clean install.

Bot Mode: Gather
Skill profile: Miner
Attempting to mine: Silver Ore in South Shroud
Mount enabled, Sprint enabled

The client works well for about 5-10 minutes, then crashes without any error.

* Attempting to enable "Dev Debug" in Advanced Settings crashes client instantly.
* Using "Log Out" and then trying to log back in crashes client.

Thanks. Any suggestions for fixing, debugging this are appreciated.

Did you install all the required files. the .net c++ direct x 9? - YES
Did you uninstall your Anti virus and install MSE? - YES
Are you running any type of overlay programs? (mumble, teamspeak, fraps,Gforce experience as examples) - NO
Are you running the bot as admin and setting up the gui_launcher with the correct info? - YES
When using the attach button are you fully logged into the game before you try and attach the bot. - YES

The bot attaches, loads and the overlay appears. It simply crashes the FFXIV client after about 2-5 minutes, with or without user interaction.
if you dont use attach bot, and use the gui_launcher it will tell you why its crashing. 2-5min thing sounds like to me that it cannot get in to contact with the authentication server for minion. or you are using teh same key twice.

also i just saw boaderless window mode. put it in window mode only.
When I try to use the gui_launcher, I get the following:

21:56:34 [C] ==> Invalid FFXIV account login info for xxx.

The gui_launcher also reports "invalid account". I use the one-time password security app, not sure if that matters. I'm able to log into my account normally.

I tried windowed mode, and the crashes still occur. I'm only using my key with one instance of minion (not trying to use two instances or more).

I also noticed this error in the console:
[Image: 2ibkklv.png]

One last thing - I'm using a VPN when connecting to the internet. Could it be my VPN IP is blacklisted by the minion authentication servers?

Any other suggestions?
It's almost 100% the VPN. They sometimes pick routes that block/prevent the necessary auth traffic from being delivered.
yup try with out vpn and remove your 1 time password so you can use the gui_launcher. but yeah there is a thread in the support section about vpn and setting your path manually
Yep, looks like that was it. Disable VPN and it doesn't crash anymore. I tried setting my connection point to a site in Toronto, but that didn't help (I normally use NYC).

Any way to fix this on the server side? My ISP throttles depending on traffic, which is why I use VPN.

Thanks for your help, keep up the great work.