MMOMinion

Full Version: Change Log
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Would it be possible to have some sort of changelog for ffixvminion so we can keep up to speed on what changes are made on each update? I notice its been updated since i last logged in yesterday but have no idea whats been changed/added etc.
kinda agreed on this
the update thread kinda tells ya when its not background changes that been made.....
(02-10-2015, 02:33 PM)Cichard Wrote: [ -> ]the update thread kinda tells ya when its not background changes that been made.....

Thanks, i have that thread subscribed however as explained, we have no way of knowing what is changed and when unless its a major update where we get some idea of whats changed.

Example, as i mentioned, the other day minion downloaded several files i don't know what they were it goes too fast. I dont know what new features were added, what old features were fixed etc.

A changelog would fix this issue
The hardcore changelog is on the github for all the nitty gritty. We could probably create a summarized changelog, it's just a bit hard on patch day sometimes as we are 100% focused on any issues.

https://github.com/MINIONBOTS/FFXIVMinio...its/master

One of the problems with changelogs is that people suddenly have a masters degree in Artificial Intelligence Computing and will debate practically every aspect without understanding the full scale of underlying reasons.
Hi Ace, thanks didn't know about the github <3

"One of the problems with changelogs is that people suddenly have a masters degree in Artificial Intelligence Computing and will debate practically every aspect without understanding the full scale of underlying reasons. " ~ Ace

Understood, and np
(02-10-2015, 06:09 PM)Kaeyt Sith Wrote: [ -> ]
(02-10-2015, 02:33 PM)Cichard Wrote: [ -> ]the update thread kinda tells ya when its not background changes that been made.....

Thanks, i have that thread subscribed however as explained, we have no way of knowing what is changed and when unless its a major update where we get some idea of whats changed.

Example, as i mentioned, the other day minion downloaded several files i don't know what they were it goes too fast. I dont know what new features were added, what old features were fixed etc.

A changelog would fix this issue

exactly if its a big change we put new features and what nots in the news thread. If its minior bug fixes or background stuff no real need to draw out a list of tons of bugs we fixed.