MMOMinion

Full Version: Recent activity
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
With all these recent bans and reports of them. I'm wondering how many people are still constantly botting who have not been banned. Obviously you shouldnt bot if you are worried about getting banned, but lately things seem a little nuts.

while the lcoa bans started I was leveling up a set of bots 1-50, 24/7 (party had a tank and healer)

since then i farmed 3 kirins, 6000~ sold on 8 accounts in WP HM, dungeon gil farming (only 4 hours), and zodiac instances for my main. Since the banwaves I have only been botting about 4-8 hours a day.

Outside of instances I finished off some quest lines using open world teleports x 8 for hours strait (with paranoid on and off)

I guess the ban reports have made me a little paranoid and just wanted an idea about how many of you minions are botting in full force in some way or another. Also there's a lot of speculation as to what the ban criteria is, perhaps we can shed some light on the matter if people post what they have gotten away with.
(02-13-2015, 06:49 PM)Rustyclippers Wrote: [ -> ]perhaps we can shed some light on the matter if people post what they have gotten away with.
I'd say pure luck by now. Even how stupid this sounds.

We have ppl suspended in:
* Sastasha
* Ex Primals, Ramuh & Levi inc.

Being spread out in different locations (not Inn).

Tho it's still random, only 1 PT gets hit, other does not. Both were doing the same thing at the same time.
Feels like someone is sitting somewhere manually sweep through all running duties checking for bots randomly.
(02-13-2015, 07:14 PM)Leon Wrote: [ -> ]
(02-13-2015, 06:49 PM)Rustyclippers Wrote: [ -> ]perhaps we can shed some light on the matter if people post what they have gotten away with.
I'd say pure luck by now. Even how stupid this sounds.

We have ppl suspended in:
* Sastasha
* Ex Primals, Ramuh & Levi inc.

Being spread out in different locations (not Inn).

Tho it's still random, only 1 PT gets hit, other does not. Both were doing the same thing at the same time.
Feels like someone is sitting somewhere manually sweep through all running duties checking for bots randomly.

The weirdest part for me is that they perma banned 3 of my BLM team but left the 4th alone. These 4 characters have been in WP together 24/7 for months now and somehow they miss one? Had they actually popped in the dungeon i'm sure they would have seen all 4 characters, it's not like they would just forget to ban one.

This leads me to believe that they aren't manually going into dungeons and seeing what's going on. Either that or they purposely let my 4th blm go to see if the character is part of a larger operation, to see who he associates with etc.
It doesnt sound that stupid. It does seem pretty random so far :S

I have seen up to lv 30 ~ bots sitting outside sastasha. Its possible they targeted that instance to knock out swarms of chinese bots they just banned. The blackmages ive seen sitting outside of satasha at 30+ have always been in massive groups 12/16+, im assuming they were part of a large operation.

as far as the ex primals go, idk really. I know a lot of endgame raiders who fill the void of new raid content with ponies..... a lot of people love grinding them as a form of status symbol. only the extremely hardcore got them legit, especially before the most recent update in drop rate. I dont even ride my kirin because people would question it, and be angry lol. As for how much SE cares about people farming the hardest to get mount in a day, idk...

None of those reasons mean it isnt random, it probably is. It would be interesting to see someone get banned doing a single or very few instances. If it was random / a tool, it should eventually pick someone up doing minimal botting.

ps. them ak ques, went to do a zodiac dungeon.... look back at my bots to find Your registration is withdrawn. lul @ minute + queue (lcao & wp are instant)
People are not being banned by a GM physically going into an instance and looking at what people are doing, that would be silly and a huge waste of time. Maybe, and just maybe, they might do that on the highest tier content, but it is a tool, just a simple parser.

Now, maybe it has taken them a long time just cause the number of subs, or cause the expansion is coming, up. Who knows. The fact is, if you are not willing to lose an account, don't bot.

All this wave did is make me farm other duties that are not LCOA. Just in case they were targetting that specifically. Still botting content as we speak, and nothing yet (knock on wood)
I still bot as much as possible since i gil sell. I stopped doing lcoa in late january when those ban reports came in and focused on turn 2 and Amdapor keep. As others have said, i think they have a tool to detect the teleports now but the gm's probably still need to witness you in action before you get banned (this was policy for other game companies ive worked at)
I've been monitoring my sol/poet farming, dungeon leveling alts while sleeping, and babysitting my quest grinds. 4 accounts, 6 alts, no ban yet, but I also haven't been gil farming. the ban hammers made me wary of gil farming, which sucks cause that was my intention... I'm gonna give it another month but after this next billing cycle if its still random banning i'll probably scale back to solo account botting again while teaming up with people for farming and using assist for runs
With all the random bans, it could also be that the bot's been detected somehow?
Everything is random until you know the pattern.
Still farming shards and mats almost 24/7 on my acc, but I tend to deactivate perma sprint since the last bans.