MMOMinion

Full Version: Counter-bans and witch hunts
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey all,

I know there has been a lot of discussion about the recent bans and what not but i'm looking to start a thread on a lighter note.

Have you ever counter-banned someone? I.e. someone sending you harassing messages/tells or starting witchhunts with next to no proof (i.e. no teleporting or something that can be visually seen as a hack) and you reported them and they got in trouble?

I've tried to counter a few people trying to "report" me and it's kinda funny watching their reactions when they don't really have any proof.
(02-15-2015, 08:59 PM)Redfox99 Wrote: [ -> ]Hey all,

I know there has been a lot of discussion about the recent bans and what not but i'm looking to start a thread on a lighter note.

Have you ever counter-banned someone? I.e. someone sending you harassing messages/tells or starting witchhunts with next to no proof (i.e. no teleporting or something that can be visually seen as a hack) and you reported them and they got in trouble?

I've tried to counter a few people trying to "report" me and it's kinda funny watching their reactions when they don't really have any proof.
I have tried before, and it doesn't work, I remember getting a message back from a GM before and all it said was put them on blacklist.

They don't really need proof tbh, if they report you for botting/hacking, a GM just have to pull up whatever logs they have or use and look at your activity/time stamps and etc.
just coax them into name calling. SE takes cyber bullying way more serious then anything else....

I guy in an FC i was in got a 72h temp for saying "you guys are fags" in a df group.
Eh the best thing I do is usually babysit. I try to stay out of sight on peak traffic hours. So far so good.