MMOMinion

Full Version: Post-update launcher error
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I imagine I'll just get a line about my OS not being supported, but I'd like to think being a good customer and being a software engineer myself will get me the benefit of the doubt and some help solving this issue.

System Information:

[Image: SystemINfo_zps7ba5327e.png]

Error Being Generated:

[Image: MinionError_zps8371ff8a.png]

Logs:
12:26:16 [V] ==> Lauching new FFXIV instance for character [removed] on server Gilgamesh.
12:26:21 [D] ==> Finished startup sequence for character [removed] on server Gilgamesh, received PID [removed].

Additional Info:

This system does not have any additional anti-virus other than windows defender.

Minion Path: C:\ffxivminion
FFXIV Path: C:\Program Files (x86)\SquareEnix\FINAL FANTASY XIV - A Realm Reborn

Steps Taken: (Keep in mind, all steps were executed with Right-click => run as administrator)

1: Fresh Download, no previous configuration or additional duty/quest/skill profiles.
2: Moved installation (based on suggestion in another thread) to C:\ffxivminion
3: Compatability Mode (Windows 8 & Windows 7 tried)
4: System reboot
5: Using "Attach Bot" instead of launching FFXIV through the launcher. (This resulted in the very same error)

Please advise.
(02-18-2015, 06:40 PM)fxfire Wrote: [ -> ]I smell windows 10

that we didn't even test nor try yet, and is for sure the problem. Was minion working before today's update on windows 10 ?

Prior to today's update, the bot worked seemingly well with Windows 10.

I plan to attach a debugger to see if I can get additional data on why this is happening or a more accurate source.

Without trying to be too invasive in questioning the close-source part of the bot, may I ask what changed as far as your hooking routines?

Did the algorithm for hooking the device/DX interface change?
Any solution on this yet?
just check your task mananger and make sure there isnt any half dead minionlauncher.exe running. if so close it and it should launch fine.
There is no support for windows 10 with the new launcher. In another thread they stated that windows 10 support isn't something they are working on. I have tried several things and no luck. The old launcher no longer seems to work either.
(03-11-2015, 08:04 AM)fxfire Wrote: [ -> ]that is not true, we are working on it :)
two things actually, one thing is adding win 10 support (still ongoing but getting there) and the other thing is an alternative "attach bot" that should definitive work for win 10.

Good news. Glad to hear it. If there is anything I can do as a Win 10 user (On one machine) to help let me know. In another thread that is deleted now, it was said by another admin that you cannot and will not support windows 10 since there are too many changes.