MMOMinion

Full Version: SkillManager Updates Round2 [Prototype]
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Since some people are having a fit with the newer skillmanager adjustments, I decided to rework the framework to be closer to the original, while still providing the necessary new things for some classes.

In order to test, you will have to use the following file:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/ymo4ap8zqsi30a...r.lua?dl=0

If you want your opinion to count, now is the time. If you don't provide feedback, and it goes live, you only have yourself to blame.

Changes:
  • Less protective, mostly like the original, with some basic protections that will be adjusted as needed.
  • A true "Previous Skill" now exists, along with the newer "Previous Combo" skill, which only tracks GCD skills.
  • Casts now attempt to use the 500ms queue time allowance.
  • Some fixes for gathering/crafting.
  • Added back "Min Range", requested by several users.

Feedback Rules:
  • Be specific. If you post that your DPS is lower, but you have no idea why, you can suck it, because I don't either.
Hey Ace, what's the chances of dropping the Clear Profile button? I misclicked and lost my entire profile. It seems that it clears and saves, so a restart doesn't fix it.
I'll add a confirmation window.
Nice one. Been testing it this evening, and had an issue with since last cast. I will see if I can work it out tomorrow but here is an overview anyway.

I have 3 fire III records in skill manager.
1. Deals with initial (and recast for single target)
2. Deals with recast of Fire III after transpose
3. Deals with recast of Fire III after convert

2 + 3 work as a dream using last cast ID ( occasional latency issues as I am in Asia playing on a US server, but profile can recover)
However, 1 will always double cast even with last skill ID not (ID for for Fire III) and since last cast 5seconds.

(All 3 are set with last skill UD not and since 5 seconds)

Like I said, will retest when I get back from work tomorrow.

o/
Hey Ace, I think that instead of going backwards on what you've done make the skill manager better, would it be better to just go through a field by field tutorial explaining how everything works so that whatever isn't working for whoever just make the adjustments on their end? I for one like the speed and precision of all thenew changes. There were a few things that stopped working in my profiles on the switch, but a little time playing with each skill individually and it was easy to clear up. I would rather the direction keep moving forward to faster and more responsive and indepth profiles being made.
This newest version is actually slightly more response due to being able to effectively "queue" the skill. Aside from that, the only other changes are additions to allow some more flexibility as far as how to code.
Double post.
Well I've been testing this for a bit and trying to work out why a lot of my profiles have issues with this skillmanager, it turns out that it's a side effect of the improved responsiveness and queuing when combined with my latency to the server (around 250ms).

In my case with this skillmanager the skill checks were being performed faster than it took to receive buff/debuff updates from the server which was resulting in skills triggering multiple times in a row. Just posting this as a heads up for anyone else that might have similar issues with this skill manager, I've been adjusting my profiles to prevent this mostly just using Secs since last.
Any way to toss a third filter in there Ace and perhaps alias's for all filters. Instead of having say filter 1, 2, and 3 we would have alias's of Buff's, AOE, Stun/Silence etc. Apologies if you feel this isn't right place for this post.
I can't really picture I any way I could make the aliases work. It wouldn't work for our multilingual setup anyway, so somebody would need to provide a third-party mod to do it.
Pages: 1 2