MMOMinion

Full Version: Bot Crash
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I am unable to have the bot auto log me in.

It gives me an error that the FFXIV update check has failed. The game is fully updated to 2.51. So I tried to load the game first and then attach.

I am then getting the following error and the game shuts down:

[attachment=2885]

Any ideas?
are you running hte bot as admin? is the bot installed on your desktop? did you read the sticky in this section?
(02-26-2015, 03:12 AM)Cichard Wrote: [ -> ]are you running hte bot as admin? is the bot installed on your desktop? did you read the sticky in this section?

Ran as admin.
It is installed at C:\ffxivminion.
I read the sticky.
I am on Windows 7 64 bit.
Disabled all AV.
Reinstalled fresh.

Same issue.

I double checked my path to ffxiv.exe and it is correct.

I also set the properties of ffxiv.exe to run as admin.

When I enter my acct info to the GUI_Launcher and have it log me in I get the following errors:

The first one:
[attachment=2886]

Then shortly after I get this error:
[attachment=2887]

Not sure what happened but it just started working.
(02-26-2015, 04:22 AM)hoonjoo Wrote: [ -> ]
(02-26-2015, 03:12 AM)Cichard Wrote: [ -> ]are you running hte bot as admin? is the bot installed on your desktop? did you read the sticky in this section?

Ran as admin.
It is installed at C:\ffxivminion.
I read the sticky.
I am on Windows 7 64 bit.
Disabled all AV.
Reinstalled fresh.

Same issue.

I double checked my path to ffxiv.exe and it is correct.

I also set the properties of ffxiv.exe to run as admin.

When I enter my acct info to the GUI_Launcher and have it log me in I get the following errors:

The first one:

Then shortly after I get this error:

Not sure what happened but it just started working.

and this is why i think you didnt read the sticky or the setup guide.

DO NOT DISABLE AV uninstall it....
(02-26-2015, 01:28 PM)Cichard Wrote: [ -> ]and this is why i think you didnt read the sticky or the setup guide.
DO NOT DISABLE AV uninstall it....

Sure, why not uninstall the AV and let the shit get on the machine?!
Serious, this shouldnt a problem at all, even when i exclude the whole partition ffxiv.exe goes nuts.
Certain antivirus do not like the way minion hooks, and even with exceptions or being disabled, they block hook operations. So yes, either use the av they recommend, which has been tested to work, or dont complain when it doesnt work. They are telling you WHICH av to use, not to have an unprotected pc........
An AV is only good for giving you that warm fuzzy feeling inside. Proper application whitelisting is the only thing that will keep you safe against most of the modern malware.

Back to the main point which is.. just follow the rules, or don't.. and see how that works out for you.