MMOMinion

Full Version: WPE Tip: Record your first craft!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
This is just an observation that I made while using the WPE Crafting trick to level quickly.
When you craft something for the first time : you receive something like 150% xp bonus.

Record yourself completing 'that' item, then send the packets.
You will then receive XP at the higher rate, opposed to the rate you get for subsequent crafting of the same item.

Its the difference between 7000xp for crafting a level 48 item, and getting 3000 for the same item on subsequent crafts.

(I know this is a FFXIVMinion forum, but figured this might be information relevant to people who wana level crafting up quickly)

Actually - Just delete this post: My bad- I was wrong - Turns out it was offline xp bonus. LMAO
Although - on that note:
I think I may have been getting the 150% xp bonus repeatedly, even after the bar had expired.... need to test it tomorrow when I have some more xp saved up
(02-28-2015, 10:50 PM)Bhaal Wrote: [ -> ]This is just an observation that I made while using the WPE Crafting trick to level quickly.
When you craft something for the first time : you receive something like 150% xp bonus.

Record yourself completing 'that' item, then send the packets.
You will then receive XP at the higher rate, opposed to the rate you get for subsequent crafting of the same item.

Its the difference between 7000xp for crafting a level 48 item, and getting 3000 for the same item on subsequent crafts.

(I know this is a FFXIVMinion forum, but figured this might be information relevant to people who wana level crafting up quickly)

Actually - Just delete this post: My bad- I was wrong - Turns out it was offline xp bonus. LMAO
Although - on that note:
I think I may have been getting the 150% xp bonus repeatedly, even after the bar had expired.... need to test it tomorrow when I have some more xp saved up

I leveled all my crafting classes from 1-50 using packets, I have never seen the 150% stick, it is server-sided anyways.
Actually - I just logged off for an hour, and back in.
I used up my bonus xp in one go.
But I still seem to have some of it contributing to successive crafts through wpe.

It went from 204% bonus, down to 184%, but now I have 184% perma bonus for the craft session I can currently in.
I have only eaten some orange juice, so 3% of that is from the food benefit, but nothing else I can think of could be contributing to the other 181%
yeah that's really weird... have you measured if it is actually giving you a 181% bonus? because I've never seen that, either way if it does work that's pretty awesome because it shouldn't...

If it does work then % should be able to be modified?
I just hit 50 on Alchemy
I retained 184% for at least 5 levels.

Went down to 181 just before 50, cause well fed wore off.

Can someone else try it to confirm?

Log out in a city for 1 hour, log in :
Pick an item to craft - preferably one with high difficulty.
Record packets, craft single step, play back packets continuously with 2600 interval.

I was getting 204% for some reason (which is way higher than the 150% I thought I was getting before)
My xp was actually coming in at like 10k per craft
Then when that expired, it went to like 184% and was giving me over 8k per craft.
The normal level would have been around 3-4 k
I've been doing this for two weeks, following your methods, I always use new items and sleep exp and I've never seen this happen.

Are you recording last step to finish craft? Because I always go first step.
In this particular case- I was trying to HQ the embosed book of electrum.
But I screwed up the order, so I decided to record from mid flow, opposed to the final step.

Then, when it failed, it kept the progress window open, and the progress continued to increase anyway.
Once completed, it gave me the 204%, but then for every step after that, it gave 184%.

(I remember that I didnt record the final step on this occasion, as when I hit 50, I actually had to close the game, to get movement back - cause I didnt have the close window packet recorded)
the reason why you get bonus xp is because its the bonus xp from raising the quality. If you dont raise the quality you wont get bonus xp. basically you are sending hte packet that says you have 30,40,70% what ever have you, quality and its giving you that bonus xp based off that.
Oh...
If thats the case: then that in itself is a bit of an exploit.
I did get the quality to about 40% etc
It didnt HQ for all the craft messages, but it did give me the 184% bonus 100% of the time for that session.

So basically, when someone is doing this exploit, its better to raise the Quality as high as possible, then record packets and repeat.
This could double the speed of leveling if someone was able to get close to 100% quality before recording the packets.
I think they patched it? It hasn't been working for me like it has previously.

Edit: Nevermind I was just getting a weird packet error - it still works.
Pages: 1 2