MMOMinion

Full Version: Moving and acting as a party
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Whats the best way of moving/acting as a group

Say i have a team of 4 and i want them to move together and do a quest can they do what the first one does. so if the leader played by a player picks up a quest the rest do the same thing.

then if the leader kills a mob the rest of the team attacks and heals as needed?
if you have them do quests at the same time they are eventually gonna stack on each other and be super obvious. Also you shouldnt have them partied when you do quest profiles cuz if one ports to another location they are all gonna accept the teleport and mess up. I usually stagger my bots by 5-10 minutes when i need them to do quests

if only the leader is doing the quest then you can put the others on party grind to follow the leader but youre probably gonna have the stacking issue with your followers
(03-06-2015, 12:26 PM)hamsterz Wrote: [ -> ]if you have them do quests at the same time they are eventually gonna stack on each other and be super obvious. Also you shouldnt have them partied when you do quest profiles cuz if one ports to another location they are all gonna accept the teleport and mess up. I usually stagger my bots by 5-10 minutes when i need them to do quests

if only the leader is doing the quest then you can put the others on party grind to follow the leader but youre probably gonna have the stacking issue with your followers

will probably have to play around with party grind from the sounds of things thx
you can just do quest mode and run them through the quest profiles that take you 15-50. and just group them up for the 4 man dungeon quests. Now if you are just wanting to do fates and what not then you can do party mode. But ive found that if you group bots up and enable random pathing you dont really need to be in party mode you can be all in grind because they all go to the same fate as it pops. Just take random paths to it. Looks a lot less like bot group.
(03-06-2015, 02:10 PM)Cichard Wrote: [ -> ]you can just do quest mode and run them through the quest profiles that take you 15-50. and just group them up for the 4 man dungeon quests. Now if you are just wanting to do fates and what not then you can do party mode. But ive found that if you group bots up and enable random pathing you dont really need to be in party mode you can be all in grind because they all go to the same fate as it pops. Just take random paths to it. Looks a lot less like bot group.

thats good to know or fate grinding

what about about if i just want them all in one place to say so a quest manually and rather than triger them one at a time i just one to control one and have the others simply follow then when i get to the quest giver i can manually triger the quest
party grind

or duty mode with a profile for the zone you are in
I've had pretty good success having 4 of them partied but with only the healer set to party-grind. I stagger the Fate completion % on two of them so that the party leader with the healer hits it first...the other two who are just set to grind will start shortly after.

Yes...they will very rarely wander off and do a Fate on their own if they die or two Fates of equitable distance spawn at more or less the same time...but by and large they're all working on the same Fates at the same time...they're just doing it on their own, with their own randomized path...their own evasions...and their own timing. So they aren't all stacked up on each other like the great EQ bot trains of old.
if you enable random pathing i just run grind mode do fates do fates only dont change the wait %. if you are leveling different classes it just looks like some friends going together.
(03-12-2015, 09:53 PM)Cichard Wrote: [ -> ]if you enable random pathing i just run grind mode do fates do fates only dont change the wait %. if you are leveling different classes it just looks like some friends going together.

Yeah for sure! Since I run 4 of them with 4 chocos and only the healer is on party grind though I use the % complete to ensure that the healer/tank or healer/dps makes it to the Fate first JUST in case they get separated...which doesn't happen often, but sometimes happens :)

The other two are always set to 1% so they aren't far behind...just not the first ones to charge into Seps :D
yeah lol