MMOMinion

Full Version: Clients crashing, freezing, the whole 9
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I run 8 bots, 4 on one computer, 4 on another. I have been running 8 for a while now with no problems up until about 3 days ago. Now the bot is doing all sorts of random things, but regardless, it has lost its functionality for me.

The first thing it was doing is telling me that it had an invalid memory address when it was launching the clients and then it would not attach, but it also wouldn't let me attach to that window manually.

Next came the crashing. It will not let me have more than 3 clients running at a time. If I get a 4th going, on either computer, it will continuously crash it, log it in and crash again.

The ones that are not crashing are having issues such as not being able start a duty profile (Queuing up) and accepting.

The final issue is that it will log a client on, then try to log that exact same character on over and over, getting an error message that this character is already logged in.

This is a fresh install with minimal mergers (profiles and such merged, not modules). I have my VRAM set to 30gb, I have 16 gb of ram in each computer, both with massive processors.

I have tried using both the old launcher and new launcher.

That is about all I can think of that seems noteworthy.

Thanks.
First what location is the bot installed to?
Are you running the bot as admin?
have you tried reinstalling the required files for the bot to operate?
Bot is in folder on desktop.
Ran as admin.
Fresh Installed twice to be sure.
I moved the folder to C:\FFXIVMinion to make sure that it wasn't something involved with that. It didn't make it a difference.

I am getting a lot of "The instruction at 0x######3###(where number is the hex value - it changes everytime) referenced memory at 0x00000000. The memory could not be written."
how many bots are you running? I tend to get that once i get a lot of bots running like 8-16.

Make sure you dont have a minionlauncher.exe in your task mananger with like very little mem usage. that would be a bug where it couldnt close out the game after a failed attach.
I am running 4 on each computer. After updating the bot this morning (I heard there was a bug fix push), my laptop no longer has any issues with the constant opening and closing of clients. However, the desktop that is giving me the memory writing issue will still try to write in address 0x00000000. When that happens, I will check for an additional minion process that may be the failed hook.

What is odd is it must be passing a pointer (or the language equivalent for minion) with the memory address of 0x00000000 because it will later fail to read from there, too. I have been doing duty farm stuff, but this seems like a launcher-hook issue. A few of our other people are having the same issue, so its not local. I checked my ram, even replaced all 16gb with a different 16gb to be sure my ram didn't burn out and the tests were missing something, but everything checks fine, and while I had the ram swapped out, it still had the memory issue.

I am just trying to narrow this down, so any additional advice would be much appreciated.
when did you try last, I just put out an attempted fix about 30 minutes ago
Hello,

Sorry to revive this thread but i have similar problems for several days, actually nearly 2 weeks. I really thought the problem is on my end but after all things i tried in the last 2 weeks i came to the conclusion that there is a launcher problem involved.

I also run several bots and i am getting this error constantly.

http://i.imgur.com/tE7mFhR.png
http://i.imgur.com/Ew7pZ9E.png

Sorry it´s in german but i know one of the devs speaks german so i hope this helps.
sometimes it also says 0x00000003 instead of 0x00000000

It does not matter what hardware, what configuration or whatever i use. When i finally get it to work so all bots are online and running, (which can take hours) they keep crashing from time to time.Efficient Farming or using the bots is not possible. If they not crash, one of them "freeze" and stops the group from running.
Minion launcher does not recognise that the client has crashed and does not attempt to restart.

I already seeked several advices, including jackies and aces. The minion launcher update from 2 days ago made it a bit better, but actually i now got the problem that sometimes one char just has the game window blacken out and not doing anything. only way to close this game window is per task manager. Just came home after 4 hours and they did not do a thing while i was away.

As i stated i tried several things already. I changed my RAM, my MB, my CPU, my cooling soltion. Also tried other SSDs and HDDs. Even Tried on a SSD Raid. Upped my VRAM. Tried several windows versions. Always installed all suggested .net packages and other stuff stated in a devpost.I only use security essentials. Only Skype on this PC and Microsoft Office. Latest Windows updates. I launch the launcher via right click "Run as administrator". I tried the setting "always launch as administrator" and i even tried giving my FFXIV game and boot.exe administrator rights. UAC disabled.

By firing up all my bots using ISBoxer, my CPU usage is below 40%, my RAM only gets uses like 2/3 of all after several hours. Please note that they had minion not attached.

I would really like to help you find the problem. My skype ID can be given via PM.

If anyone can help me to get my bots up and running again, i would gladly appreciate it.

Also, i noticed that the launcher spams this in the logtab. Not always but sometimes.
http://i.imgur.com/1WpVUpz.png

And another thing is the Error Message "Port bind fail ... "

Thank you and Best Regards
Syther
Hey Powder,
The issue is continuing.

It seems like the launcher is trying to store data in an invalid memory address upon attaching.

My only assumption is that something like a string or array is storing data in a non-existing element.
Please hop in the live chat when your around id like to teamview your pc
Pages: 1 2