MMOMinion

Full Version: Strange problem when trying to log in
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello,

So I've been using the FFXIV minion for a couple days and things were running fine. Today I went to log in using the gui (as I've been doing) and when it opens the game, half my screen is Chinese symbols, the minion login box appears partly in the background, but also covers the actual games login and doesn't go any further.

A few times I've managed to type my minion account details into the minion login box that is appearing and there is a strange reg color around it and it logs in game but doesn't work.

I know this description is a bit odd, but it's basically what is happening...I have windows 8. I've re-installed FFXIV minion a couple times now and it keeps doing it...not sure what to do.

Thanks!

[Image: 2u9nyn8.png]
this happens when you install the bot in to an incorrect folder.

try installing the bot in C:\FFXIVMinion

also if you are using hte attach button instead of setting up the gui_launcher you must wait till you are fully logged in to the character before you use the attach button.
Getting this exact error as well. Did a fresh install in the C:\ folder and waited until I was fully logged into the game on my character to attach, but it still appears as yellow and red text and when I login after entering my credentials, the main tabs are all yellow but the modules itself do not display at all.
(03-14-2015, 08:34 AM)fxfire Wrote: [ -> ]This happens when the launcher cannot pass the "where you have installed the bot-Folderpath" to the bot. This happes usually because you have some 3rd party antivirus or antimalware tool installed. Thats why the install guide tells you to uninstall your AV and instead use the normal antivirus aka MS defender antivirus running instead.
If that is not the case and you are already running the bot with defender and nothing else, please report back once more... it may be due to an update we did last night.

I have no 3rd party virus software installed

The bot had been working just fine until last night for the last couple of days

I had the bot installed exactly where the instructions recommended (C:FFXIVMINION)

I attempted multiple re-installs of the bot

After I posted my original OP things got even stranger...I went to open FFXIV just normally and got some message in Chinese characters with the English word "Boot" and FFXIV would no longer open at all, so now I'm re-installing FFXIV.

Thanks for the help with this.
This is also happening to me, however I am attaching within the game once I have logged in with a player.

Even if I can get the key and password in, the only menu that works is the first one so I can reload or exit minion.

I have tried on a laptop with no AV, fresh minion install at c:\ffxivminion, same results.
After doing a complete re-install of FFXIV things seem to be working as normal again for me.