MMOMinion

Full Version: Paranoid Option Not Working?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
It happened while mining on an alt to level it up. I always had the teleport option up on alts because Paranoid worked great with it.

I was mining with some other lowbie bot and noticed that even when they were still in very close proximity (like only a few feet away) they would still teleport to the next node (btw, they don't teleport ON TOP of the node anymore, they teleport on the ground next to it which is great because sometimes I'd get stuck inside a tree--I don't know what changed, but it's great).

Just something I noticed. Or maybe it's just me. Someone else care to test it out?

UPDATE EDIT:

Okay so its definitely working weird right now. After it's done mining at it's current node (and this is irregular, it doesn't happen persistently), it will teleport to the next node even if there's someone near that node (and no, the node is not 30 yalms away, it's quite within range). Also, (and this is also irregular), even when there isn't anyone within range, the bot will still walk instead of teleport. I'm positive because I have the radar up to sense other players as I test this out.
Sorry to bump this topic, but I've been carefully monitoring the Teleport-Paranoid partnership and I have a screenshot to explain what I've been noticing.

[Image: 2468i0o.png]

I use the Radar to help me with my observations and the yellow dots are nodes, blue dots are players, white dot is me, etc.

There was another player mining in the same place as my alt. The other player is circled and as indicated by Radar, he's quite near. Yes, I had paranoid on, but I teleported away to another node anyway.

And here's another one:
[Image: o59rep.png]

There is that blue dot, another player, in close proximity. The paranoid as it used to work, will only teleport if the blue dots were near the edge or at the edge of the radar (I'm assuming the default square radar edge is around 30 yalms since that's how far the Paranoid option works?).
However, my character at the center, finished with mining that node, teleported to that only yellow node over there, which is still within proximity of said blue-dot player.

It doesn't always do this. It's inconsistent, but it does it anyway and I'm pretty sure it's not intended since Paranoid is supposed to stop and go the teleporting after they're Xyalms near/away.

Anyways I hope this helps identify any possible small problems. I know people are very wary with open-world teleporting and may not have noticed this so I hope I was of some help with it.

And also, yes I'm on a clean install and don't use any other mods other than the ones that already come with the bot Smile
the player is probably farther away then the paranoid feature radius