MMOMinion

Full Version: Smn Pets and Obey and Return
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I haven't seen it talked about specifically so I'd like to share how to set up your summoner pets to attack and stop attacking with obey, return, and use all of the pets abilities as well. I tested this on a dummy by selecting the dummy and unselecting the dummy to see if my pet would attack and stop attacking as well as use abilities such as Garuda-igi's aerial slash, shockwave, and contagion.

First off, the commands need to be in a certain order in skill manager profile to work correctly.

Contagion (20)
Aerial Slash (19)
Shockwave (18)
Wind Blade (17)
Shot (8 This is Obey, but it shows up as Shot)
Return (6)

I'm only going to list the relevant stuff that needs information entered for the skill editor that is not already default.

Contagion
Skill Type = Pet
Combat Status = In Combat
Skill Target = Cast Target
Target Role = Any
Include NPC = Checked
Player Target = Enemy
Ground Target = Enemy
Target Buffs -> Has Buffs = 179+180+189

Aerial Slash
Contagion
Skill Type = Pet
Target Role = Any
Include NPC = Checked
Player Target = Enemy
Ground Target = Enemy

Shockwave
Contagion
Skill Type = Pet
Target Role = Any
Include NPC = Checked
Player Target = Enemy
Ground Target = Enemy

Windblade
Contagion
Skill Type = Pet
Target Role = Any
Include NPC = Checked
Player Target = Enemy
Ground Target = Enemy

Shot
Contagion
Skill Type = Pet
Target Role = Any
Include NPC = Checked
Player Target = Enemy
Ground Target = Enemy

Return
Contagion
Skill Type = Pet
Combat Status = Any
Target Role = Any
Include NPC = Checked
Player Target = Any
Ground Target = Enemy

And that should do it. This will set-up your summoner pets to function properly using the Obey and Return commands so they're not so mindless. For Ifrit and Titan just switch out the unique abilities for the correct ones.
Why are you using Casting Target? Casting Target chooses the target that your target is casting a spell on, meant specifically to be used in situations where you are targeting a boss or other enemy that is casting another spell on a tank. Casting Target would in turn use the tank that is having the spell cast on it as the target.

Looking at the code, it's probably only by accident that it happens to work on target dummies since they are never casting and some of the abilities allow casting on a target ID of 0.
Quite honestly, I thought casting target meant the target I was casting a spell on and had targeted. I don't understand the code behind the bot, but I am willing to play around with it and figure things out through trial and error if I can't find explanations on the forums. Then I go with the first thing that works consistently.

I appreciate your explanation of what casting target is meant to be used for though, but I tried the debugging tool (which is a wonderful addition) and "cast target" was the only option that didn't display an error in the console and functioned correctly.
myself and others have mentioned this cast target issue on smn profiles before xd
I fixed some things related to pet skills last night.