MMOMinion

Full Version: Pre sales question
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I'm planning on getting back into XIV before the big update and just wanted to bot a few boring classes I hate playing. I just wanted to know if Minion would be what i'm looking for to get a few classes from 1-50 and how long it would take. I tried looking at many competitors, but they all seem to be broken in one way or another when it comes to combat grinding. Is minion good to go and easy to use for combat? I've been seeing comments around the forum that FATE grinding is broken and i'm a bit worried.
you can fate grind with the bot solo 1-50 in about 3 days. fate grinding is 100% fine. its Taskmanager mod that a user created thast broken which in turns breaks fates.
(03-22-2015, 01:10 AM)Cichard Wrote: [ -> ]you can fate grind with the bot solo 1-50 in about 3 days. fate grinding is 100% fine. its Taskmanager mod that a user created thast broken which in turns breaks fates.

Just what I wanted to hear and a really fast response from staff. Definitely like what i'm seeing. Thank you very much.

Oh and i'm assuming of course that's 3 days straight of botting correct?
yes 24/7 which mostly we all do.
(03-22-2015, 01:14 AM)Cichard Wrote: [ -> ]yes 24/7 which mostly we all do.

Alright you got yourself a sale. Thanks a lot.
(03-22-2015, 01:03 AM)sorun Wrote: [ -> ]I'm planning on getting back into XIV before the big update and just wanted to bot a few boring classes I hate playing. I just wanted to know if Minion would be what i'm looking for to get a few classes from 1-50 and how long it would take. I tried looking at many competitors, but they all seem to be broken in one way or another when it comes to combat grinding. Is minion good to go and easy to use for combat? I've been seeing comments around the forum that FATE grinding is broken and i'm a bit worried.

I just botted archer 1-50 in 4-5 days with the fatebot, probably about 15 hours a day. I wouldn't leave it totally unattended at the beginning. You'll probably want to watch it for awhile in each new zone and blacklist the fates that aren't worth the trouble. I did roughly 1-15 Summerford, 15-25 Aleport, 25-30 Quarrymill, 30-37 Costa del sol, 37-50 coerthas.
Tips on Fate Leveling:

1) Blacklist 30-minute long boss fates, special fates that people ask you to "hold" for relic books, and other troublesome fates
2) Set your evac point in a map to somewhere safe, but not where people usually cluster. I play many servers and white knights are increasing.
3) Always set your current zone to your home point, you will probably die at some point and you can't help it so you have to return,
4) Tick avoid AOE. It makes you look less like a bot.

And generally just change zones sometimes. Also, always always always /always/ make sure your AFK flag is disabled. I cannot tell you enough how many hurrdurrs I've seen acting with a flag above their head and I just have to leave so I don't even get remotely associated with them.