MMOMinion

Full Version: Bot not selling?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi all,

I didn't see anything on this so if there is something I apologize, I was wondering how to get the bot to sell / deposit crafting materials? seems that once the inventory is full the bot just stops.
as far as i know the bot can't vendor or desynth/deposit items
Sooo.. if you're grinding/gathering or doing whatever.. if the inventory gets full it just stops... kind of defeats the purpose a little doesn't it?
The bot can vendor or deposit items, but you'd have to code it up yourself. And no, the fact that it doesn't currently do that doesn't defeat its purpose at all.
so it is something what won't be implemented? Basically if I want to set it to grind out 25 levels of mining, the inventory will obviously fill up quickly and I'll have to babysit it? Also since when the inventory does get full the bot just stands there, looks a bit suspect no?
Well, it does need your intervention when it comes to selling inventory but as someone who has leveled multiple alts gathering for the purpose of multiple maps/unspoiled gathering, there really shouldn't be a time where your inventory is /that/ full. Unless you're hitting the skill that makes you get more per hit (which you shouldn't be if you're leveling, you should be getting the HQ or Guaranteed Hit one for more exp).

You'll never stay at a node long enough to level up more than 10 or less levels from it. Every 6 or 10 levels you should be switching nodes to make the most of exp. The longest I've left on a bot was roughly 18 hours and my gatherer went from 5 to 21 on a level 10 node, and the inventory wasn't full. I'm sure you can find a minute or two to go sell off those junk to nearby NPCs and have your bot start gathering again as you wish--there's almost always an NPC on the same map as you. Just teleport to that aetheryte, sell junk, and simply hit the gather bot again (making sure you have the right marker of course) and leave it--the bot will run back to the spot you want it to and start gathering. Not too big of a deal I would think.

Also, even when your inventory is full and you just stand there, I wouldn't really call it suspicious. I've seen people stay out with their gatherers on nodes all the time. Being afk isn't what's suspicious about bot gathering, what's suspicious is AFK flags going up while your character moves, your character being in the same zone for more than 24/7, teleporting, etc.