MMOMinion

Full Version: How many machines?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
For all you guys who bot with 4 or more instances of ffxivminion -
How many machines do you run on, or do you run on a single machine?

I'm just trying to figure out what spec you need for running large groups?

I am able to successfully run 2 concurrently on my machine without any problems, although, I do turn rendering off on one of them - as the graphics card starts going wild noisy.
i have 4.0 8core amd 8350 with 32 gb of ram. i am able to run 24 bots pretty smoothly. the noise from the graphic card is just the fan picking up speed to keep the card cool because of the increased usage.
I can run 8 off of a:
2500k 3.3ghz (OC to 4.4)
8mb ram
nvidia 560ti

The computer is pretty much near bottlenecked on all fronts, Without overclocking the CPU it had cpu usage issues. Ram is usually over 86-90%. Video card sits at like a 80something % load with its 1gb of ram over a 90% load.

I can actually play a game of dota with 8 bots running, but barely.

My video card is pretty old, the card itself is powerful enough for 8 although the 1GB of ram on it is almost used up. My actual ram is the limiting factor more then anything, 8GB suffices for being parked in waking sands or MD were the game can run at 450-600~ mb of ram. I cant even walk all 8 into GC for tourny cheezing (spikes up to 1.2gb of ram per client)

If you wanted to run 4, something like my setup would be fine. Once you get 4 though.... fuck it might aswell get 8, you can basically see kirin grimacing at you. If you think you might run more then 4, build a better rig then mine if its your main computer. If you use a computer dedicated for the bots you could pretty much use what i have for 8 bots although i would get more RAM and make sure your video card has 2gb of ram.
Windows 8.1 Pro 64-bit, Intel Core i7 2600 @ 3.40GHz, 16.0GB DDR3, 2047MB NVIDIA GeForce GTX 660

I've successfully ran 12 accounts with this machine, and can probably go higher, just ran out of accounts to play with. Graphics set to laptop standard, disable effects on others, and limit fps when not focused+ disbale rendering drops each client to 5-7% cpu utilization. After running a client for a while, each one will start using about a gb of ram, so plan accordingly.