MMOMinion

Full Version: Remote Desktop & Locked Computers
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Some instances of the game seem to crash if the computer is locked in windows 8.1.

I tried Teamviewer and its slow as ****. So i thought why not just windows Remote Desktop.

And if you try to run it in console mode it is to slow also. HOWEVER

If you run Windows Remote Desktop in normal mode so creating your own session. It runs amazingly.

The only down side is when you log out of a Remote desktop it locks the computer. and when it locks the computer a random number of instances of the game see to crash.

Any body got any thoughts on why this is the case?

Ideally i want to be able to lock my computer and it still keep the bots running and reboot them as needed.
VNC ftw
(03-26-2015, 12:34 PM)Tormiasz Wrote: [ -> ]VNC ftw

does vac resolve the locked computer issue that stops the bot from restarting ?

if so which client server for vac would u recommend for gaming?
VNC*. Too much Steam, my friend :D

VNC is not locking the computer after disconnection. I'd suggest TightVNC for both server and client. But you must remember about forwarding ports to your computer. As a tip I would suggest you to change the default port (5900) to something else.
(03-26-2015, 01:34 PM)Tormiasz Wrote: [ -> ]VNC*. Too much Steam, my friend :D

VNC is not locking the computer after disconnection. I'd suggest TightVNC for both server and client. But you must remember about forwarding ports to your computer. As a tip I would suggest you to change the default port (5900) to something else.

By forwarding ports i assume you mean in the router if thats the case it should not be an issue as I'm running on the same network.