MMOMinion

Full Version: New to Bot Gathering
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I've read the tutorials and I must be missing something.

I have a level 35 botanist in South Shroud trying to bot-gather Oak Logs. I finally discovered that the content ID for Oak Logs is 5390, which I put into the new marker I made

When I hit start, the bot completely ignores the level 35 nodes around it with the oak logs, and runs in the opposite direction for about 4 minutes and then just stops and does nothing.

I must be doing something wrong, but I can't figure out what.
no the content ID is for the TYpe of node not what you want togather. So if you want to gather bushes over trees.

To set that you want to farm Oak logs that goes in your priority for the marker thats the level.

Go to the spot you want to gather
open marker manager
set marker mode single
select the name of the marker that you want it to gather at
make sure that marker meets your level range ie 35-40
in priority slot one type Oak Log it must be exact OAK LOG or oak log isnt correct
then hit start on the bot.
(03-27-2015, 01:31 AM)taylertott87 Wrote: [ -> ]I've read the tutorials and I must be missing something.

I have a level 35 botanist in South Shroud trying to bot-gather Oak Logs. I finally discovered that the content ID for Oak Logs is 5390, which I put into the new marker I made

When I hit start, the bot completely ignores the level 35 nodes around it with the oak logs, and runs in the opposite direction for about 4 minutes and then just stops and does nothing.

I must be doing something wrong, but I can't figure out what.

(03-27-2015, 03:11 AM)Cichard Wrote: [ -> ]no the content ID is for the TYpe of node not what you want togather. So if you want to gather bushes over trees.

To set that you want to farm Oak logs that goes in your priority for the marker thats the level.

Go to the spot you want to gather
open marker manager
set marker mode single
select the name of the marker that you want it to gather at
make sure that marker meets your level range ie 35-40
in priority slot one type Oak Log it must be exact OAK LOG or oak log isnt correct
then hit start on the bot.

I see, this makes sense. However, I'm still not getting how to get the Content ID for the actual node. I targeted it from far enough away to not open the gathering window, but when I go to Dev Module, and open TargetInfo, I don't see any information listed. How can I get the Content ID for the node so that I can make a marker?
Think I've worked this out. Thanks for the response!
you dont need the content ID for the node. the only time you really need the content ID for a node is if two different type of nodes spawn on top of each other like bushes and trees overlap. if they dont then you do not need the content ID at all.
how do you get the content ID # of something in general? say I want to ban my bot from gathering lightning shards, what do I set the NOT contentid # to?
The NOT content ID is to keep from using other nodes while targeting a specific type of node. Say you are logging but there is harvesting node in range of your marker you would set its ID in the NOT content ID column so you don't attempt to gather it. You don't blacklist certain items from being gathered.

Also the DEV tool will not populate the boxes unless you toggle it on using the button at the bottom called "Toggle DEVmonitor On_Off". And on the marker you can set item priority 1 as Oak Log and not the ID. Not Oak Logs or oak log or oak logs either.